What do you wear underneath? (Black suit.)

I'm curious what kind of black (body)suits you folks wear underneath your armor. Brand name, how comfortable you think it is during winter and summer or indoors, etc... Just be as specific as you can.

I figure it's one of the most (if not the) most important part of your suit, so I figured I'd get a professional opinion of sorts.

So far, folks have said summer wear underarmor would be decent.

So far, folks have said summer wear underarmor would be decent.

I have a set of hot weather, and cold weather underarmor (yeah, it DOES actually get cold enough in Florida to want the cold weather now and then). Depending on troop is what I wear.

If you have most of the sharp points sanded down, it seems to hold up to the armor rubbing against it fairly well. It wicks perspiration away fairly well (the warm weather), and the black is nice and black.

Can't complain.

I just got a set of custom under armor from Wyatt over on the FISD, and it is SWEET!!

He does custom jobs that include the neck seal, and this is an awesome idea. He has been running ebay auctions so as not to get too burned out.

Just another option.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought a set of thermo clothes they use in skiing, at an outlet centre over here..I bought them in a shop of Oakley, but I will check if the clothes are Oakley's made as well

It consists out of a pants and sweat shirt like top..very comfy!!

And most important of all, it didn't cost me an arm and a leg..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just got a set of custom under armor from Wyatt over on the FISD, and it is SWEET!!

He does custom jobs that include the neck seal, and this is an awesome idea. He has been running ebay auctions so as not to get too burned out.

Just another option.

Got an ebay ID, or contact info for him? I've just discovered that my under armor is losing the outside seam on the left calf, and I'm a fairly tall guy (6'2"), so it's kinda short in the arms anyway. I might be interested in a set that would fit me right at some point in the near future.

As I first got into armour, I was sporting black 501 Levis and a black long sleeve t-shirt. Due to the oversized nature of the FX kit, none of the pockets, tags etc were visible.

Good for when there are no wranglers & you have to carry your wallet/keys/phone on you.

Not bad for temperate-winter troops, turn up to a troop with your black gear on already - too hot for summer though!

Tried a 1 piece dance leotard (after adding the all important crotch zip) similar result as above, no real advantage. Luckily (?) I was small 'n' lightweight enough to fit an a ladies XL. Perhaps a 2 piece option will work for troopers of different sizes.

Now I'm running with the UA-like 2-piece kit. Works great, pricey though.

And if you get any running/armour bites, the fabric will begin to pill (go furry-like) in no time.

Outdoor winter troops are coming up, so a combo of the above options will get a shot.

There isnt a perfect option for all troopers. Wrangle with as many troopers as you can to see what works for who then decide...

...the longer the troop, the 'funkier' the trooper - peeeheeew?!

UnderArmor all the way. Separate top, bottom, socks and underwear. Even the skull cap to keep sweat off your face. That's an expensive lot however, easily over $150. The underwear alone is over $20, but **** well worth it!

• 5 weeks later...

I replaced my expensive underarmor with US ARMY issue Black Silkweights. You can ebay them for approximately $20-25 for set consisting of a top and bottom. They dry faster and are much lighter, although it is borderline free-balling so it may seem a little uneasy for some people. They are also something you don't wear underwear with.

I have 3 sets. One for my TK for Vader's enterouge at official events and two for my TD, my primary costume for events where I may be wearing it more than one day. 3 sets is still less than one set of form-fitting underarmor. Two of mine were issued to me :)

Also, they have thumbholes that prevent sleaves from bunching up :)

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Raven-Quest-...1849790QQsofpZ0

I replaced my expensive underarmor with US ARMY issue Black Silkweights. You can ebay them for approximately $20-25 for set consisting of a top and bottom. They dry faster and are much lighter, although it is borderline free-balling so it may seem a little uneasy for some people. They are also something you don't wear underwear with.

I have 3 sets. One for my TK for Vader's enterouge at official events and two for my TD, my primary costume for events where I may be wearing it more than one day. 3 sets is still less than one set of form-fitting underarmor. Two of mine were issued to me :)

Also, they have thumbholes that prevent sleaves from bunching up :)

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Raven-Quest-...1849790QQsofpZ0

Well that leaves me out as they are too b ig for me but I did get mine in 2 diffrent stores and I have the UA top and the Dancskins for the bottom . I never thought of going to an Army store to get these.

Short Trooper (Diana)

• 1 month later...

I go with the standard neck seal, black UA long sleeves which i have to pull the sleeves over the gloves to cover the strapping (stays put though very nice BELL gloves), and then I have two pairs of black hose which i put on one over the other so that no one can see anything lol (only problem is that after only a couple of troops with them, they are getting runs and holes from the edges of the armor). that and i wear black compression shorts that i used for swimming conditioning, they work wonder as far as underwear goes.....other than that its all good

definitely going to be looking into gettin a normal bottom piece to go with the top....shouldve seen the lady at jc pennies when i brought those puppies to the front....haha weird looks she gave me still make for a good chuckle lol

----------------------------------------------------

just bought a skullcap to keep the sweat from getting into my eyes, underarmour leggings, and some nice socks.....we'll see how they stand up to the beatings

--------------

update

----------------

did a birthday party last week with all my new undergear. works absolutely wonderful. only problem is i have chicken legs.....its either little ripples or too short.....i chose ripples