My TD Pack

Scott M.

Here are some in progress pics of my up and coming sandy pack. Feedback and suggestions are certainly welcome.

Here are a few pics of the back half of the seed trays and the pack frame.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is my radio faceplate and the parts for the mortar tube:

Posted Image

A few pics of the lower tray, and adding the radio faceplate:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now for todays pics, with the mortar tube compete and some of the upper tray:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am waiting on my cistern (Thanks Rachel), and looking to figure out the small back box on the far right. Bee stinger is coming along, but I will have to repaint it.

Let the comments begin!!!

Several places.

Seed trays from a local armor builder (I am doing his decals for his armor, so it was a nice exchange)

The radio I got from Crashman here, as well as the mushroom caps.

The Mortar tube is a 2" piece of ABS, with the white parts from a Thermal Detonator kit for a TK.

The radar dish I also got from a local guy.

The backpack frame is from a local army surplus store

The round containers are Clorox wipes (Target does not carry Wet ones any more, it seems)

Finally, the black box is an old Wahl trimmer box. It is almost the perfect size, and has the ridges that are more accurate than the flat boxes.

I think that is it. I still have the bee stinger which is not pictured, but I got a faucet cover from Wal Mart and then used the JC Whittney funnel spout.

Great start Scott! I'm sure it will come out sweet. Does this mean you have another set of armor in the works, or will you give up the TK?

NO WAY!!! I will be a TK till I die, but I wanted to expand my horizons, so the TD was the armor for 2008. I do not have the armor yet, and will not weather the existing FX until I get it (want to make sure I have armor to troop in). As soon as I get the new stuff, I will start weathering. Already working on the bucket and pack, so I have a few things to keep me busy.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is for packs, but I had an update, and thought I would combine.

Got my cistern today (Thanks Rachel!!!), so I will be working on that soon.

AND.............. MY BFG Arrived!!!

Posted Image

My son took a pic of me taking it right out of the box. It still needs some work, but there is nothing better than a huge freakin' gun!!!

More to follow.

Where was the BFG from, what's it made out of? Rather sweet-looking....

It is resin. I got it off the 501st forum site from a brother trooper. Good unit and good price.

PS your Wet Wipes blue tubs look a bit "long"?

Thanks, I will look into that, and measure them

Thanks for the suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, made some more progress:

Here is a shot of my Cistern modified (Thanks Rachel!!!)

Posted Image

Here is a pic of the whole pack in its current state:

Posted Image

Also, looking at the bottles, I did try the Wet Ones (finally found some) to replace the Clorox bottles

Posted ImagePosted Image

So what do you think? I feel that neither bottle is right, where the first (painted) is too long, but the Wet one bottle is too short.

I plan on using Bondo to fill in the gaps for the cistern, and Seth is hooking me up with the exhaust part, so I am making good progress. I also have a bee stinger, but still need to paint it, and Colorado has been too cold lately to do that.

I do appreciate all the help and suggestions and parts many of you have provided. I am also working on my new TK armor, so weathering my armor is not too far off.

Thanks again all,

OK, more updates:

First, i decided to do the Move Along pack before it was in Mos Eisley. Basically, on the trooper in the Dune Sea, so it is missing the tape on the lower box, and I have decided to add the tube on the left side of the pack:

Start of tube:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Then with it attached to the frame:

Posted Image

I also completed my bee stinger, and have that attached (I will paint the screws black once I get the black out)

Posted Image

AND......

I decided to go ultra screen accurate, and I added the wire holding the radio face on the box:

Posted Image

I believe once I get the cistern done and installed, it should look just right.

I do have an exhaust port coming from Seth (Thanks man!!!), and that will complete the parts needed. My hope is to be ready for St. Patty's day for the parade here in Denver.

Please keep the feedback coming. I so appreciate everyone's suggestions, comments and ideas.

Looks great so far...

I'd be interested to know how you are going to attach the radar dish (if you have one of the correct tupperware lids)... I am planning on doing a major upgrade on the pack and have the dish... Just no idea how to attach it yet.

If you look at the first post, it is there. I used the Tupperware lid, and used a 1" screw to attach it. I placed the screw though the lid, added a nut, then added the black HDPE circle behind it, another nut, and then drilled a hole in the mortar tube, and a final nut inside, topped off with hot glue on the threads.

Hope this makes sense.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I made some good progress recently, and I am 90% of the way there. Here is my pack (sans exhaust tube).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The last pic really shows the UK cistern (Thanks Rachel again!!!), modded up with the mushroom cap and burger stackers. I think it turned out pretty good, but I am looking for your input and criticisms. I still need to add some Good Stuff foam in the small tunes on the side, and shoot another coat of pain to get it all black.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I got my Exhaust port from Seth this week (SWEETNESS!!!), and I have been making some progress. I decided I would use Spa tubing for the upper pipe, and I am also adding an extra 3/4" coupler with an angle cut later (hopefully later today). Here are the parts as they sit now:

Posted Image

Here is the side with the triangle mounts (I have not sanded/Dremeled these yet, so they are a little rough).

Posted Image

And, this is the inside mount I made for the tube. It is a 1" coupler, with a 3/4" coupler inside that, in which the exhaust tube will fit. I added the bolts inside for added strength and to get it to stand off from the pack.

Posted Image

I am off to register the boys for baseball, then it is back to the lair to try and get this wrapped up. I hope to start weathering tonight. I appreciate all the encouragement and feedback I have received here. I will be ready to apply for my deployment as soon as I get my pics done and this pack complete.