Helmet question.

Rolf

Maybe one day when those specific people have finally left the scene.

Copy.

I just know i will be here to the day i die.

I´m one of those guys there will troop, to i can walk eny more.

Peace out

Trust me, I have fantastic shots of every single one of those helmets you posted and clearly the bumps/texture is there.

You can even see it in some of the ones you posted.

Keep in mind that there is also the thickness of paint to consider which would also help mask some of the surface detail.

I am not an expert but I agree with Gino 100% . The paint thickness is an important factor to consider when you you want to disguise the bumps. When I got my HDPE bumpy cap helmet unpainted the bumps where quite noticeble. Once I fully painted it with few coats of paint the bumps were harder to tell. Also the light conditions is another point to keep in mind since it could give you two different realities. I guess it happens the same way with the originals.

Cheers

A

Posted Image

totally different molds

Copy, but how different molds.

Please share the story

just one question

gino you said often in different boards that you have those informations

just wondering where they came from

did you saw it or did you only heard it

i´´m asking cause a lot of guys in the web makes a lot of secrets of their knowledge without the proof that they have the knowledge

hope you understand what i mean

my english isn´t that good and i don´t want to attack someone

No offense taken.

The problem with that is, to give proof would be to reveal the information. And I have no intention of doing so anytime soon because of the reason I mentioned earlier.

It's not as important to understand why they are there, as it is to recognize that they ARE there and on ALL the helmets (except the heroes).

I dont understand why you think keeping everything you know about Stormtrooper helmets a secret is going to do anything for this hobby. I asked you for high res pics for a tutorial I am doing and you said you didnt have any. Now here you admit to having some and wont share any because then you wouldnt be the only on to have them. So, if you go to your grave knowing all there is to know about those helmets, and we dont..... Oh well. I cant wait till my friend gets a shot at casting a screen used helmet. When he does he will tear down the walls of all this BS. You just wait. He will tell all that ask. And you will be sitting in a garage with your molds and nobody to talk to. I wish that you were better about this, but you are selfish and dont want to make our hobby better. You want to be an enigma and a popular star. Well enjoy it for now, because your time is short....

It's threads like this that have seriously waned my enthusiasm for Star Wars collecting in general over the past few months. Virtually every forum I visit is rife with elitism and issues of controversy that are unbelievably dull . . . bordering on comatose.

It's threads like this that have seriously waned my enthusiasm for Star Wars collecting in general over the past few months. Virtually every forum I visit is rife with elitism and issues of controversy that are unbelievably dull . . . bordering on comatose.

Don't let it get you down man, Gino is one of those guys that follows around to all of the boards and trash talks, insults and basically tries to muddy the waters with enigmatic statements that are complete B.S. - put up or shut up (I know - nobody understand your position, or we are just too dumb to "get it"). I think it may be time to BAN all non-501st members, or at least anyone who is not an active member, or member in progress. I for one am tired of hearing this condescending B*llSH*T everywhere I go. You really are driving people away from this hobby - I have an idea for everyone who doesn't want to share information or post verified pictures of sculptures, works in progress, molds, etc.., start your own forum for airing your opinions and petty squabbles and leave the rest of us actually involved in this hobby ALONE!

I have an idea for everyone who doesn't want to share information or post verified pictures of sculptures, works in progress, molds, etc.., start your own forum for airing your opinions and petty squabbles and leave the rest of us actually involved in this hobby ALONE!

they've already got one, the RPF.

registration is now open to all those who feel like being belittled, bullied picked on and vilified for being a "noob" by the "elite pre 2002 crew"

Copy that.

Lets have fun together, and share the hobby we all love.

Lets not fight over costumes, we love from our childhood.

We are all grown now.

Lets act like it.

Peace out brotherhood

I think we all get along great except for one and that used to be two. I share and we all share, all we have learned and know. why dont the other two, what sectret could be so awe inspiring that it cant be told? NONE in my mind, its just a vaccum formed piece of art that was made in the 70s. do we love it YES, do we need it NO. but it is cool to have wether it be a TE2 or an AP or others, are any copy true %100 to the film probably not, but that dont stop us from being brothers who love the hobby rite? If these two think for one minute that they control us they are wrong, the time is coming soon, for a new real cast ANH helmet they just dont know it, pics will be taken and all will know the truth. If i have to refinance my soul, i will make it happen.

I think it may be time to BAN all non-501st members, or at least anyone who is not an active member, or member in progress.

I know you're angry, and I get the reasons why, but this is not the answer. Exclusion is what you're railing about, no? And you want to fix it by excluding people??? I, for one, wouldn't be involved in this hobby at all were it not for the openness of this particular forum. I was able to participate and ask questions before becoming a 501st member and that's what gave me the info I needed to achieve my goal of not only becoming a 501st member but of also owning the best costume I could.

I know that having an open forum has its pitfalls, but so far I've seen far fewer conflicts and flame wars here than on many other "closed" forums. Look, disagreements will happen from time to time. No matter what you do you'll never be able to exclude everyone you disagree with, and besides, who would want to?