Chris Peters

TD-4510

I am surprised that you would ban someone who has contributed so much to this forum. He is a great guy and gives almost all of his stuff away freely. MANY members of this forum are wearing the armor and helmets Chris made. I dont condone stealing someones work, but Matts stuff has always been a grey area for ALOT of members. I dont think its right to ban Chris for this.

Mike and Seth. Chris went to you guys privately and told you what he had been up to because he wanted to be honest. You had no idea that he was doing anything. He was proud of all the work he had done to refine and resculpt the armor and helmet. He was hoping that he could be accepted as a contributing member that only wanted to refine the armor we all love.

Everyone has a copy of the ANH armor!!! GET OVER IT!!!!!

MFX, SDS, Gino, Laws, TE, GF, AP, TE2.... And the list keeps getting longer.

I have made many friends here and I hate to lose another. This is just plain bad on alot of levels. I believe you have made a terrible mistake.

Now that I think about it. I am setting here typing my rant to middle aged men wearing costumes and playing dress up. Its a freaking movie. I guess its time I moved on. I have spent too much valuable time on this meaningless crap.

Cancel my membership to MEPD effective NOW. Have fun playing dress up boys.

i was shocked since i read the banning topic from mike

best of the story

i didn´t know that weißes trooper made helmet´s and armor

never saw it

that´s the other side of hanging a recaster in public

i´ll remember your words in the FISD mike

and i think i know your point of view

but i think banning is not the right way

ok recasting is even not the right way

but we should show people what they get

that´s what you said mike

people will buy a TE/TE2 or gino about the lineage and the story behind

the best i could show to new guys here are pics from all helmets in one line that they could see what´s the closest

and i have brought some new guys into costuming with accurate costumes while i´m showing them a lot of pics and differences

so some of them didn´t go for cheaparmor

the bought from MC, DL and TM

and those are newbies i teached the differences

in the end it was their joice to from whom they bougt

i only showed pics of available stuff and the originals

I agree! I am sure there are many recasters having an account on all the forums out there and they just don't had an outing. I think you don't lose your credibility if you let decide the members of the mepd what should happen now and not only do what is written anywhere as a rule. This case is different because it has nothing to do with a further moneymaker! Chris is my best friend here and a friend of many others on the mepd. Also he was a supporter of the mepd.

You can do what ever you want but if you think on your credibility then keep in mind you have the right to unban him and the right to have your own opinion and how to act! And we have the right to tell you please change the decision because Chris should be further a part of all of us.

The MEPD is the best place of all and I hope you are not bannig him only because you are thinking what other boards might think if you leave it like it is.

Be independent and your credibility highers up in my view.

Marcus Knorr

The problem here is the dreaded "R" word. It hangs like a bane over everything we do. I hate making these kind of decisions, but as someone in the position of leadership, it has to be done. I can't make a moral stance, I must make one on principle.

There are two main reasons to justify our actions. One, the leadership can't turn a blind eye to someone recasting TE helmets and armor. In essence, it tells people it's okay to make and sell recast items items here without recourse.

Second, it controls the dilution of lineage. For the most part, we loosely understand what generation a TE, AP and Gino are... but if everyone thought it was okay to just start recasting them left and right then the next thing you know, there are hundreds of copies of copies, each with varying degrees of accuracy. No one would have a clue about what is the best or most accurate, or who has the least degenerate molds.

Lastly, I'm ashamed that there has been so much acceptance of this kind of recasting. It really makes me think twice about selling my UNK Clone armor to the public. I spent the last two years working on this stuff and it would make me sick that someone of questionable moral character would feel it's okay to recast my work and pass it off as their own or for profit.

I'll keep this thread open for a while, but if it degrades into **** slinging, it will be locked.

Chris is a Good man! thats all i have to say he was the one to taught me everything about sandtroopers Showed me how to paint and weather them!

He has done nothing for money when he very well could have been pulling in a ton of money if he wanted! He has done nothing but help countless people since i have known him!! I don't care what anyone says about the guy, but i bet you this!! GINO wont give away a trooper helmets to kids!

Chris is a Good man! thats all i have to say he was the one to taught me everything about sandtroopers Showed me how to paint and weather them!

He has done nothing for money when he very well could have been pulling in a ton of money if he wanted! He has done nothing but help countless people since i have known him!! I don't care what anyone says about the guy, but i bet you this!! GINO wont give away a trooper helmets to kids!

Thanks for these kind words, they are definitely taken in to consideration going forward. Believe me, both Seth and I were heart broken to learn of this news but are glad to have come to a mutual resolution.

And you are right. To give away a helmet to a kid, regardless of origin, is a noble effort. Considering Gino is trying to sell a 'Stunt' helmet on ebay as I type this for $1,000, certainly does raise some interesting arguments on morality and recasting. But please, let's leave this argument on the table and move on.

Here I am in my 30 minutes of internet time today!

The original decision was not reached lightly, both Mike & I had our reservations about how to react. In the end, our decision helped this forum grow yet again. The reaction of the members reinforced doubts that we had about the way we handled the situation. To turn a blind eye to such a thing would only condone illicit behavior, reacting with an appropriate punishment turned out to be overkill. In the end, we have a very defined idea of what will be acted upon on this forum. That is something we have never had before, and clearly needed for this situation.

I will echo Mike's statements in regard to recasting, and have little if nothing to add. We discussed this at length and I see no further need for ping-ponging the pros and cons about. Its an issue that will likely never see a clear resolution, or at least that is my doubt.

Hopefully if nothing else this will be a valuable lesson and give everyone something to help them along their path.

I give humble thanks to all my friends and all at the MEPD, i never duped anyone into believing what i had done was right or what the origins were as to what i made. Theres a good note as to i might have the chance soon to cast an original screen used helmet. Its far out there rite now,, but it sounds like a possibilty soon. If this happens i will make a record of the progress to show everyone the origins of the helmet cast, so no doubts will live in thier minds. I am sorry for putting this burden on Mike and Seth, but i had to let them know, out of respect. Now lets all pray that this new venture pans out, because if it does, there will be one helmet with no grey area. Thanks all and God bless, its good t be home

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to my brothers. When I said "Now that I think about it. I am setting here typing my rant to middle aged men wearing costumes and playing dress up. Its a freaking movie. I guess its time I moved on. I have spent too much valuable time on this meaningless crap.".... I was defending my buddy and I was very ******. I would like to recant that. I DO like dress up! And I cant wait for the next troop just like everyone else.

I am sorry

I think Mike and Seth did the right thing and will not regret it. Chris has taken this hobby to a hole nuvvva leval.

So lets get back to having fun again and enjoying this hobby.

Hi Chris,

I think it's a positive thing that you are being transparent. I think had you done so on FISD, especially if the user name was the same, things might have gone differently.

One thing is clear is that openness creates solutions, obscurity creates problems.

Paul

I agree, this place is awesome. i wish i had more time to do props, but my new job keeps me away from home alot. I have been in 4 different counties in three months, plus several states. As i write this, i am setting in Holiday Inn Express in Ohio. My time to help others has been cut by two thirds and leaves me with only weekends. I will still try, but it takes alot longer.

• 2 weeks later...

All threads regarding this matter will need to be locked. All the drama around this particular instance is exactly what the 501st Legion does not want occurring. Please take any further conversations to PMs.