History of armor via FISD

hpdblues

skip*skip*skip*skip*skip*

As in what a phonograph needle does on ah "broken record"???

T

ePS: For ya'll younglings who don't know, it was the cutting edge of audio technology for us old folks...

Before the mighty 8-Track came along.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny I actually listen to records more than anything. I was actually jammin some Sabbath today.

Alright, a vinyl man!

I still got my Grand Funk Railroad Live Album around here somewhere oh yeah right next to my Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here Album...

T

ePS: Mesa still loves my Steely Dan Albums...priceless.

Mike, you're totally right and i know this has also come up before but artistry plays a bigger part in my mind. to me it's less about where the armour came from and more about what the individual does with it in a creative manner. I'm sure you'll agree that we've seen awesome costumes here for example and the work thats gone into them is immense and i for one dont care if it's TE, FX, AP or whatever else as a base kit, it's been made to look outstanding. Take also your recent foray into clone sculpting. fantastic artistry, by your own hand using your own attention to detail. THATS worth shouting about.

Top marks also to you for speaking out about TM's faceplate. These guys cant stand the fact that someone has pulled off something they can only dream about and all they can do to draw the attention back to them is question its authenticity. MonCal has also been a victim of this and it makes me really angry. it really is time the prop community just simply ignore them and let them fight it out amongst themselves so we can all continue to help each other in a positive light.

can i get an Amen?

But, both Matt and Gino are lying! I'M the ONLY ONE who owns the ORIGINAL moulds that touched the inside of the ROTJ suit! They just have COPIES of MY moulds!

er... I mean.... AMEN Simon!

Nice try Zac, the danish goverment got the AA anh moulds right here

Now i´m gonna put on my Earth wind and fire, and lisen to the vinyl track celebration

Its frustrating.... I have asked and asked again and again. These guys only care about arguing with each other. Its as if they dont even read anyones posts over there. Why cant they post pics of the old molds and how fun it was making the first set of F$%KING armor!!!!!???? ARRARARAGHAHHHH we want to see what they did, and they just dont care about anyone but them selves. Vent over....

Its frustrating.... I have asked and asked again and again. These guys only care about arguing with each other. Its as if they dont even read anyones posts over there.

Vent away my friend. I have noticed yours and others Q being ignored. It's all another bun fight. If you like it - buy it - wear it. These guys are crazy.

Heavy Metal Soundtrack. And alas, I still have some Heart in vinyl. Ann wasn't always chunky...

I still have my Heavy Metal Soundtrack too . . . right next to Led Zeppelin IV

LZ's immortal - still have LZ II on LP myself. *curmudgeon hat on* Back in the day (early 80s), my buddies and I stomped at the local VFW halls to Hüsker Dü, Meat Puppets and DK with J. Biafra. Ushers were mostly WWII or Korea War vets and got a kick out of their salty commentary about what young people called 'music'.

*Best topic deviation ever*

Records are the best, I have a turntable right beside my PC.

TD2802- I'm totally envious, closest I ever came to seeing the real DK was when I saw Melvins w/ Jello Biafra two years ago. Seeing Husker Du in a VFW?? Jeez, that is some rad stuff right there. I saw Lamb of God about 9 years ago, when they were still called Burn the Priest and were playing at a squat in Philadelphia, which was pretty cool. Later on I had no idea they were selling out massive venues. I've seen the Subhumans three times, a band I thought I'd never see even once. Not too many "saw them before they were legend" stories though. The whole mid-late nineties crust/power violence/grind-punk scene didn't produce too many long-lasting bands.

Jello Biafra is a nut I have a few of his spoken word albums, smart as **** but a nut none the less. I never really got into the punk scene I was way more into metal and hardcore. I think seeing BOLD andSLAPSHOT were my highlights. I dont really have any Metal Highlights cause there all amazing bands like Maiden, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Morbid Angel all highlights and in farely small venues except maiden of course.

I think seeing BOLD andSLAPSHOT were my highlights.

slapshot! go boston straightedge (my handle on the battlestar galactica board is straightedge)

i saw slapshot at the rat, my one and only time there. madness! a dude got slammed into the ceiling in the pit. (for those not in the boston area, the rat was a club with something like 7 foot ceilings. scary place at a violent sXe hardcore show!

Ohh boy do I remember the rat, what a crap hole. I dont know if you noticed my tat last time brian, I used to be edge lost it though . I started boozin when I got back from the desert. War will do some screwy things to ya, not that im blaming it though, but im rambling. Yeah I seen slapshot there, earth crisis all the crazy ones. Man we got some talkin to do next troop brother.

But, both Matt and Gino are lying! I'M the ONLY ONE who owns the ORIGINAL moulds that touched the inside of the ROTJ suit! They just have COPIES of MY moulds!

Posted Image

ha ha, i dont if its true that AA destroy them/throw them out in he´s London studio around 1980, like he say... or what.

Or if LFL, only have anh helmets.

Or full anh kit/suits somewhere to hold for a better day (to sell or recast).

Or maby Lucas got one, on he´s Lucas farm in CA.

Or maby some one there was there to make anh, have a anh suit on he´s ceiling or...

Who knows... Maby the anh moulds, and all the anh suits are gone for good for ever, maby not.

TE have done a good job for all of us to come this far, and TM has made a anh suit so good. That its look like he youse the real moulds, from back then.

Its typical that the anh moulds/suits are gone, and they are the one suit we all like to have.

Peace out bro´s

Ohh boy do I remember the rat, what a crap hole. I dont know if you noticed my tat last time brian, I used to be edge lost it though . I started boozin when I got back from the desert. War will do some screwy things to ya, not that im blaming it though, but im rambling. Yeah I seen slapshot there, earth crisis all the crazy ones. Man we got some talkin to do next troop brother.

i stopped judging people a long long time ago! i've been on the sXe wagon my whole life. big claim to fame here is i've never been drunk, buzzed, or anything else you might call it.

mostly i listen to more metal / metalcore type stuff these days.

Posted Image

ha ha, i dont if its true that AA destroy them/throw them out in he´s London studio around 1980, like he say... or what.

Or if LFL, only have anh helmets.

Or full anh kit/suits somewhere to hold for a better day (to sell or recast).

Or maby Lucas got one, on he´s Lucas farm in CA.

Or maby some one there was there to make anh, have a anh suit on he´s ceiling or...

Who knows... Maby the anh moulds, and all the anh suits are gone for good for ever, maby not.

TE have done a good job for all of us to come this far, and TM has made a anh suit so good. That its look like he youse the real moulds, from back then.

Its typical that the anh moulds/suits are gone, and they are the one suit we all like to have.

Peace out bro´s

I will just quote my self here.

Over at www.whitearmor.net

TE say he have found 7 real anh suits, and 5 anh helmets down the LFL archives.

There is a picture too, but hard to see

Look under NCO CLUB, then DVD teaser image by TE.

Best regards.

Rolf

• 4 months later...

Best regards.

Rolf

Is that so? I'll head back to the FISD forum and check up this DVD teaser image. Thanks for the heads up Rolf.

Best regards.

Rolf

Is that so? I'll head back to the FISD forum and check up this DVD teaser image. Thanks for the heads up Rolf.

Copy that.

I think the way to get them, is to pm TE there.

And then you might get one, but to a very high price.

Last time he was asking 150 dollars for this dvd....

Cheers mate