Weathering progress pics - ** 100% FINISHED !!!!**

oo-tee-dee!

Today we will be softening the current look and mellowing out all the spotty bits, adding another patchy layer of burnt umber, then possibly some small patches of the yellow (but I'm not too keen on too much yellow) then dulling it with the fullers earth. Not even started the backpack yet, do most people just use Fullers on that, or do they use pigments too?

Here is the raw umber reapplied, and Fullers earth too - the chest plate is being cleaned up a bit though as it's a bit *too* gritty and it needs to be consistent with the cleaner abplate. I've got a wire mannequin that the whole assembled belt/chest and ab bits will be hung on soon, so consistency will be ensured.

Posted Image

I'm looking to try and get my weathering like Mike TK1536's armour as his is without a doubt THE best weathering in the entire galaxy ("mah hero!!!!") Anyways, more pics as the day progresses!!!

Every time i see a set of armour get the dirt treatment on this board,it makes things so clear on why G.L decided on using white as a base colour. The weather effect would be lost on any other colour and the high lights and low lights stand out so well,giving the armour a fantastic form.Man the standards just keep getting better and better.There is one question i have for you R,how long did you stand over your suit with paint in hand before you took a deep breath and took the plung?Cant wait to see the full rig pouches pack and all.

Hahahah well I had one last small troop in it on the Sat then on the Sunday we got up in the morning and Steve sort of just got on with it. Was scary seeing the first coat going on, and by the second coat it was definitely "no turning back". I planned to go Sandy anyhow I just thought it wouldn't be so soon - but the pending CE and my new T21 brought it forward a bit!

Only 6 troops! Was gonna go claean for longer but once the T-21 was finished I had to convert in order to troop with it. Plus I wanted to be Sandy for CE There'll be too many clean TKs there, I wanted to stand out a bit

All that's left is the backpack to weather now. The camera light has messed with the colours somewhat, so it all looks a lot gingery than what it really is.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Expect pics of me wearing all this stuff later tonite, and the lighting will be better too as we'll do them outside