A tough decision....(April Fools Joke)

SethB6025

Hey all, as some of you know in addition to being a big SW fan, I am also a prop collector. I am into a variety of films, but a big one for me has always been TRON.

I don't get into it too often, unfortunately aside from some old toys and a couple games there isn't a whole heck of a lot out there. I've tracked a couple small things down, but my collection is pretty small.

A few weeks ago I was put into contact with a gentleman who owns a screen-used helmet (like the good guys have). He lives in Maryland, as does the friend of mine who put me in touch with him. We met for lunch Thursday afternoon in Baltimore and discussed the sale of his helmet. Thats right; his screen used TRON hero helmet! He brought it along in a case, its in great condition and is one of 8 known to still exist, three of which are in private collections. He gave me the name of the man he bought it from, who used to be an executive at Disney.

After confirming the pedigree of the prop (including screen IDing) and doing a lot of figuring I've decided to buy it. I am taking a huge advance on a credit card and I've come to the hard conclusion that I will have to part with my Sandtrooper. I hate to leave it, but this is a once in a lifetime chance & odds are I should be able to get more armor in a few years.

PM with offers, I am looking for at least $3000. Its a fully assembled TE suit with TM right forearm and bicep. It has a TE2 helmet (#4) with Keith's Hovis, caboots size 10, SciFire MG34 modified to be screen accurate, sitharmor pouch, IMA-USA shoulder pouch 3+1, orange GA pauldron, Medium Starter brand shirt and pants, vintage small belt pouch, modified kenner E11, and MH backpack (will finish pack before shipping).

Obviously once I sell my suit I'll have to step down and leave the 501st. Mike will be assuming the role of DL (he and I have discussed this already). I'll be around, although I may have to cut my internet service so I can make the credit card payments.

Cheers everyone,

Seth

Seth, your killing me! I'm very sad to see you leaving. I finally achieved 501st and MEPD status and you decide to depart. ****! I want to at least troop once with you before you depart bro. LMK if you have time to do one last troop and I'll be sure to make it.

(Done crying )...congrats on the Tron helmet!

ok, ok...

what date is it? at least i hope this is just a april joke!

Me think's it is april fools?

your one of the best TD's i have seen seth. But if the stuff makes you happy i say go for it. I've been kicken around the idea of selling so of my star wars props to by an accurate Spider man suit

You mean I've never elaborated on my TRON obsession? Yeah, it was around 1AM, so I thought I'd get my April Fools post out of the way.

Here is last year's for those who were not around. For context; at the time there was a lot of discussion in the Legion over whether or not weathering should be a requirement for Sandtroopers. http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1123

Holly crap! I got a lump in my throat when I read it......Then I actually tried to think of how I could come up with $$$$ for your armor without getting shot by my wife

**** glad you got me. Now I gotta go out and get someone else.

good one