New TM Sandy!

theGreatSot

I was amazingly stoked to find this on my porch this morning! Posted Image

TM did all of the assembly for me based on my measurements and even hand painted the helmet. I've got a little bit of work to do to make the armor wearable such as attaching velcro to the back of the calves and making a belt of some sort to hold up the thighs. You can tell from the pictures that the forearms are much too large for me, but I'm not sure what to do about that... I'm also going to have to take an inch or so out of both sides of the ab plate and the kidney plate since I'm a little small (5'7" and around 150 lbs.).

Here's the link to the album:

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n259/th...%20Sandtrooper/

Let me know what you guys think! I've also posted high res photos of four angles of the bucket for those of you who have been demanding pictures. Let me know if any of you would like any other photos.

::EDIT:: PS - PhotoBucket wouldn't allow me to upload the highres pics of the helmet, so I've reduced the file size. If you would like the larger images for the helmet, please PM me. I will be taking highres pictures of all of the parts at a later date. Also, PLEASE ignore my mess of a living room, I was too excited to clean!

all the way.

I really love the mighty TM suit.

Not long from now i will have one my own.

I really think that TM is one of the best anh armors you can have.

Cheers bro.

Thanks for the pictures

Fantastic Zac

I really want a set of this armour myself although im a little worried about those forearms im a skinny begger aswell.

Forever seeing threads of people needing to shim parts i have the opposite problem i have to trim like crazy

Awsome suit though you must be really pleased

Thanks for sharing the pic's

The TM Amour looks great, just some minor tweek's needed for fitting

The bucket look's awesome, much better finish with a paint job than my A & B type helmets from sds. Do you have the mic tips!! or will you be contacting Keith over at therpf?

Good look in going Sandy & hope you will do a progress thread for any newbies out there IE ME

Looks great Zac

I had to do a lot of trimming and reshaping/heat bending to get them to fit your super slim body. I couldn't even get the arms and legs on me and I was worrying they would be too tight for you Some stratigic placed foam should do the trick and an ordinary trouser belt will keep the thighs in place. Just a bit of fine tune fitting and you'll be trooping in no time!

-Paul

Very nice looking armor, congratulations!

The armor looks a pretty good fit on you, including the forearms so with a little tweaking Im sure it will be ace!

When I have saved up enough, I'l be ordering a TM for sure. At 6ft and just 160lbs though Im am abit worried it might be a bit large on me now though haha.

The only problems I had with my FX armor was that the chest armor seemed to swallow me whole and the leg armor wasnt quite long enough for my liking. I put some foam inserts in the arms to keep them in place. My ideal armor would have smaller chest peices but longer limb armor since I am tall and skinny :(

Keep us updated on your progress to becoming a fully flegded Sandtrooper

Wow.

I may just have to sell my current suit for one of these beauties. Amazing work as always.

Are you insane???!!! (coz if you are I'l buy it off you )

Seriously though, as nice as this armor is, your TE is the ultimate Sandtrooper costume!

Thanks for all of the comments guys. I'm so stoked to get this suit finished up, I just have to find the time.

Do you have the mic tips or will you be contacting Keith over at therpf?

Good luck in going Sandy & hope you will do a progress thread for any newbies out there IE ME

noodle3 - I haven't decided what to do for the mic tips, my AP suit has a pair of machined aluminum mic tips that contain a set of speakers for the sound system, and I'm thinking that I'll probably go with that again. I'm also planning to redo the strapping system on my AP to match TM's job that he did for me on the new suit and re-weathering the AP at the same time that I weather my new TM, so I'll be sure to take LOTS of pictures for you guys. I'd also like to take some comparison pics of the AP and the TM. The forearms, biceps, and shoulder bells are noticeably different from the AP.

As always, thanks sooo much for the amazing work Paul, it's a real honor to own one of your suits and as soon as I can afford to I'd like to get a clean suit.

noodle3 - I haven't decided what to do for the mic tips, my AP suit has a pair of machined aluminum mic tips that contain a set of speakers for the sound system, and I'm thinking that I'll probably go with that again.

I have a pair of aluminium mic tips if you need them, PM me.