Divisions within the MEPD?

locokarma

This, of course, would be for fun.. but has there been any discussion for different divisions within the MEPD? Such as... with most police departments, there are other areas like:

Bike Patrol

Narcotics

CID.... etc., etc.

I was thinking for us we could have possibly...

Fugitive Apprehension

Space Port Authority

Moister Farm Patrol

Something along that line that would be, as stated, strictly for fun and nothing official?

I have tossed this around in my head a bit, and talked to a couple others about it. It hasn't gone anywhere yet, the main concern I have is that it may lead to forum splits, and people wanting to make up their own rules aside from the main group they allege to support, which will sap the life out of any group (it happens all the time in the re-enacting world). I like the fun idea of having various unofficial (the 501st doesn't recognize things like this ie; 69th dewbacks/MFP) "patrols" or "divisions" or whatever, but have yet to be able to find a purpose for them other than patches.

I have had a more functional idea, but have yet to figure out the best way to implement it and gain participation in it while avoiding the problems already mentioned.

IMHO, it'd be kinda pointless to subdivide a group of only 68 people unless you made it a kind of ranking system based on hours of service. Something like, "I trooped five hours this weekend - now I'm finally qualified for Imperial SWAT." The tracking of that would be a nightmare though. The more desirable the milestones become, the less the honor system works.

Okay, I just talked myself out of my own idea!

I'd like it to see something that regional groups could do on a volunteer basis only, like the MFP started out. We're trying to do something similar for Pacific Northwest MEPD members. It's entirely for esprit de corp.

Otherwise, being MEPD is enough for me. I feel no need to belong to any subdivision thereof.

It still might be cool to make up names for sandtroopers in a certain area, but outside of "just for the heck of it" its hard to give them a specific purpose that isn't covered by the group already.

In terms of maybe missing content or having something you want to do; then feel free to contribute to the detachment. We have a staff to run the board, but don't think that you can't give something to the group. The MEPD belongs to everyone who posts here.

Understood, Sir! Yes Sir!

Just tossing ideas around in my head.

Right now, in my area, there's really ONE deployed TD.

The way things are going, I look to be there by this time next year,

depending on the $$$....LOL

Ah well.

Seems like you got busted by the Internal Affairs Sub-Division. Ouch!

Steve

Hahahaha!

Ummm.. wait a sec. Now that I think about it...

***hides and deletes the evidence ***

Move along. Move along.

Feel even more special since half of those deployed people don't participate on the forums; the true heart of the detachment.

That means there is a division then! Is there gonna be a limited MEPD Deployed Forum Poster patch in the works?