Divisions within the MEPD?

locokarma

I want to start a detachment for EU bad guys in good guy uniforms.

Like "bad Jedi". They look like normal Jedi but are in service to the Emperor. Hey - that's Mace Windu! Palpatine created the Empire at the end of EPII, so technically he's working for the Empire in the beginning of EPIII, and thus a "bad guy", right?

How about some X-Wing pilots who are really double agents and are secretly working for the Empire?

Can you imagine if such a thing were in a novel, comic book, & action figure? How could the LMO say no?

Oh lord...

Hmmm.. I beg to differ, in issue #64 you can clearly see a shadow in the background that I think means that you are wrong and that guy isn't the guy you think he is. Also, its perfectly logical that they were clean at some point, even if it wasn't in the movie.

Oh lord...

Hmmm.. I beg to differ, in issue #64 you can clearly see a shadow in the background that I think means that you are wrong and that guy isn't the guy you think he is. Also, its perfectly logical that they were clean at some point, even if it wasn't in the movie.

And following that logic through - at some point clonetroopers are nekkid when they shower, so I can go around nekkid at a con and say I'm a clonetrooper. Should I submit my photos for membership now?

• 10 months later...

I have tossed this around in my head a bit, and talked to a couple others about it. It hasn't gone anywhere yet, the main concern I have is that it may lead to forum splits, and people wanting to make up their own rules aside from the main group they allege to support, which will sap the life out of any group (it happens all the time in the re-enacting world). I like the fun idea of having various unofficial (the 501st doesn't recognize things like this ie; 69th dewbacks/MFP) "patrols" or "divisions" or whatever, but have yet to be able to find a purpose for them other than patches.

I have had a more functional idea, but have yet to figure out the best way to implement it and gain participation in it while avoiding the problems already mentioned.

The mere fact that the 69th came to your mind first, speaks volumes.