Who ordered the helmet comparison? Dial-Up fuggedaboudit!

butcherbird

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing to note is that about 2.5 years ago, I supplied Matt with about 12 of my v1 faceplates in the glossy plastic because he couldn't make them.

Most people who have a glossy plastic helmet from Matt is sporting one of my faceplates withouth even knowing as I'm sure he didn't tell anyone.

His never looked that good.

Wow, that's interesting Gino. This is one of Matt's glossy suits, so I guess maybe it's your faceplate.

And sorry this comparison is using your V1, but it's all I've got. Send me a V2 and I'll be happy to use that instead!

-Todd

OK here's a big ole' pic showing the left-hand-side of several original ANH/ESB helmets in private collections, compared to 3 TE helmets at the bottom.

Posted Image

The line I'm referring to is the 'ridge' on the back which runs round to where the top of the ear-covers are at the sides... it should be approximately level with the brow trim and top of the eye lenses... but on the LEFT-HAND-SIDE on TE's helmets, the ridge on the back is waaaay too high,

It isn't a trimming issue IMO as it can't be remedied by trimming it differently... it's just down to the way the helmet has been vac-formed.

Not bashing Matt's helmets.. just pointing out something that I thought more people would have noticed!

I've used images from a variety of places for this comparison - if anyone sees a pic that is theirs and wants it removed, just let me know and I'll edit the image

Cheers,

John

PS - Does anyone have a TE (Bumpy Cap or Smooth) that has the ridge at the proper height on the left-hand-side? I'd love to see pics

we all know this guy...

HERO:

Posted Image

picture taken from the death star scenes from anh, this is han´s helmet

Actually, that's Luke's helmet from when he set it on the barrel by the blastdoor.

we all know this guy...

HERO:

Posted Image

picture taken from the death star scenes from anh, this is han´s helmet

Actually, that's Luke's helmet from when he set it on the barrel by the blastdoor.

Look under the cheek tube on lukes helmet in that picture,could be the shadow but it looks like how it's on a SDS helmet?

Look under the cheek tube on lukes helmet in that picture,could be the shadow but it looks like how it's on a SDS helmet?

That's interesting Dirty Dave, It makes me want to have a closer look at Luke's helmet

OK here's a big ole' pic showing the left-hand-side of several original ANH/ESB helmets in private collections, compared to 3 TE helmets at the bottom.

Posted Image

The line I'm referring to is the 'ridge' on the back which runs round to where the top of the ear-covers are at the sides... it should be approximately level with the brow trim and top of the eye lenses... but on the LEFT-HAND-SIDE on TE's helmets, the ridge on the back is waaaay too high,

It isn't a trimming issue IMO as it can't be remedied by trimming it differently... it's just down to the way the helmet has been vac-formed.

Not bashing Matt's helmets.. just pointing out something that I thought more people would have noticed!

I've used images from a variety of places for this comparison - if anyone sees a pic that is theirs and wants it removed, just let me know and I'll edit the image

Cheers,

John

PS - Does anyone have a TE (Bumpy Cap or Smooth) that has the ridge at the proper height on the left-hand-side? I'd love to see pics

WOW great!!! work there trooper.

I have not look into the anh ear stuff 100%.

But i have been trying to find out, what is the most accurate anh back cap.

My old GF was like the last TE on the right, but my AP look more like the TE in the between.

I dont know much about vacum job.

But i think its crazy if the left TE back cap comes from the same mould, as the last TE on the right.

Peace out brothers, and a good weekend to all of ya

Never noticed that as well, but it is there. Has anyone noticed how the left ear is a lot thicker than the right ear on the fiberglass set for stun helmet? However, I think that happened due to the scanning process. It had to fill in the gap.

I got this message from TE in responce to Gino. Hope it's OK this once to post

Gino's account of how he supplied the faceplate's is a

fallacy. Gino contacted ME and begged to use the cap

and back mold (which he ruined and refuses to this day

to offer a replacement. It doesn't matter what was

said before or after. If you ruin someones property,

you make amends, you don't say 'you knew the risks!'

If you were such a talented artist, no risk would be

involved now would it?) and offered me 8 faceplate's

and 10 cap and back molds. When I got the package in

the mail, all but a few of the faces were usable. They

were cracked and split, same for the cap and backs.

When I called Gino and told him about this his reply

was, sorry dude.. I don't have anymore and wont be

forming anymore. (Yeah right, we all see his forming

now don't we?) So, me begging for helmet parts? LOL,

never happened. Send me the part you ruined ON PURPOSE

to try to make yourself the 'ultimate trooper maker'

when all you have done is make yourself look and

succeeded! in looking like the ultimate liar and fool.

As for ginos claim I could not form faces plates,

again erroneous. I was unable to due to the arthritis

and tendon-itis I have in my hands on a regular basis

and had fallen behind. I produced over 35 helmets and

suits in the gloss material and used a few of ginos

craptacular too thick faces to fill a few orders, and

tossed the rest in the recycle bin. My helmets were

far superior as gino AGAIN has no **** clue how thick

the original helmets were as I TOLD HIM that they were

not that thick as he was making them. MY face plates

were and still are superior to what he makes as he is

using second gen recast molds.

Oh and by the way gino, if you are such and expert,

tell me what I removed from the molds.. the master

ones you stole and copied. I know you changed the eye

bump as you have 2 sets of molds one with and one

without.

The cap and back clean version error was done when my

friend was making the clean version everyone wanted at

the time and he made a mistake when trying to do it.

This was brought up years ago and is again being

revisited. Not a big deal if you ask me, at least an

entire cap and back wasn't changed like the AP/GF

helmet was.

end of rant.

That is such a twisted take on the reality of what transpired with almost all of what is being said were outright lies. I'm so disgusted with that response that I'm not even going to give it the time of day.

I do however find it interesting that Paul posted this info on behalf of Matt.

With all Matt's supposed knowledge, I'm actually surprised that he couldn't tell that Paul recast one of his helmets and tried to pass it off as a sculpt starting from a sole lump of clay. Maybe he's slipping.

Back to the subject. I have owned the TE2 bumpy cap, and I am pretty sure that that is an assembly issue. I trimmed the brow of my TE2 about .25 inch. I also tilted the back cap abit. My ears were a little low but not too much.

Maybe this is only true with the smooth cap?