The real deal

weiBes trooper

I was talking to a friend who is big in the prop world the other day and we were talking sandtrooper stuff of course.I asked him how they weathered the armor in ANH,he told me that they use terpantine and oil based burnt umber paint and one more ingredent that eludes me at the moment.i will have to ask him what the third part was,anyway he said that they sprayed it and brushed it on the armor,which there are pics of.He also told me that the actors were kept in ice trucks to stay cool in thier suits between shots of filming and that when they brought them out to film everything fogged up and condensated to give it even more effect.I asked him how he knew so much and he said that he has worked with people who where on the sets during filming.I dont doubt him abit,because one of his biggest clients is a movie agent in hollyweird to some of the biggest stars of StarWars..I will try to get more details next time we talk,which will be soon,stay tuned

Got the final info today,they blasted the paint with air hoses and sand to spread around the paint,plus it helped dry the mixture.then they would touch them up with brushes.i think i will try this on the next sandy i do.. problem solved,its nice to know there are people out there that do know what went on back then,

Got the final info today,they blasted the paint with air hoses and sand to spread around the paint,plus it helped dry the mixture.then they would touch them up with brushes.i think i will try this on the next sandy i do.. problem solved,its nice to know there are people out there that do know what went on back then,

I only got one word wow.

Thanks for the info bro

• 4 weeks later...