Interest thread for affordable screen pack.

TD 8733

I just want to get an idea if anyone would be interested in purchasing a pack like this. I have been working for sometime on what I call a budget pack. The goal here was to build a pack that you could purchase completely built was very affordable and still fairly screen accurate. This project is obviously not complete. I still need to build the frame add the stackers ect. You will be able to quickly and completely break down this pack for easy shipping or transport.

The pack weighs practically nothing. My plan is to sell this pack for around $240.00 shipped to anywhere in the continental US. My hope was that this will be an option for those who don't want to spend $400 to $500 on a screen pack that's top of the line or who don't have the time to build one. While not complete I have included a comparison of my screen pack with the partially complete budget pack. I would not take less then $450 for my pack but I think once this budget pack is finished very few people other then a MEPD member would be able to tell the two apart while trooping. I will let you guys be the judge. Keep in mind this is a prototype and not complete. Also the edges and overall details will be much sharper on any pack I would sell.

Posted Image

Curious to see how this pans out. I really wish I could offer my packs for much less, but all the parts require a ton of time to make and assemble... upwards of a week, which unfortunately raises the price to the $400 and $500 dollar mark.

Keep us posted!

No doubt Mike. I have a mix of Yours and Seth's work as well as MDK and vintage screen Tupperware parts on my pack. I took the time to build it myself and with the various shipping probably spent over $200.00 just in parts plus my time to build it. I love my screen pack and have no intentions of using another. I know many guys though that can't give the time to build a pack or spend $400 or $500 for a built one. If you can, then I would definitely go that way. Hopefully this budget pack will be a viable alternative to no pack at all or one that is not remotely screen accurate. TD 654, I will probably will not sell parts. If someone wants to build their own pack I would tell them to buy Mikes kit. You will save money and end up with a higher quality pack.

Don't worry... I should be providing parts for a while, as long as the molds hold up and I don't get sick of making a mess in my apartment. I must've cut six packs worth of parts last night.

I know what your mean, its takes a lot of your time and make a mess.

And you have to work 5 or 6 days every week, girlfriend, friends, creator crew ex.

James!

Drop me a line some time my friend!

You know me - I'm a bit lazy, and I need a better pack. I think that the blue box on the bottom might be a little big (could just be the picture though).

I would be interested in something like this and I'm near ya!

(Of course...AFTER the holidays)

Awe...come on Mike, we know you do it because you love the aroma of Devcon How many brain cells are left anyway?

Don't worry... I should be providing parts for a while, as long as the molds hold up and I don't get sick of making a mess in my apartment. I must've cut six packs worth of parts last night.

• 2 weeks later...