This might be good ... Lewis Gun

I had recieved the email from the gentelman who makes them. He did not know that there's a market for these outside of the the purpose he built the for. I told him who I was and what I wanted the kit for. He was blown away by all of us. So I'm gonna buy a kit as X-Mass present to myself I know it selfish but hey I do it every year. We'll see.

That is pretty slick. I like the idea of vacc'd parts, but I think there was someone out there already selling vacc'd kits of some gun. Everyone that bought the kit said it was the worst nightmare they ever encountered.

I don't know, I might just be cheap, thrifty, or just proud to build my own stuff and push my creativity by finding or making parts that are of the right size, but I'd rather do this sort of thing myself. $10 of wood and PVC will get you several blasters.

Funny...several of us have been discussing this very kit on the so cal garrison boards for a little while now. It looks like it could be a good way to go if you're on a budget and handy enough to build it out well.

If you get one, I'd love to see progress pics of your build, and your opinions on the quality.

I'd love a hyperfirm lewis, but don't expect to get that extra $600 check anytime soon.

That is pretty slick. I like the idea of vacc'd parts, but I think there was someone out there already selling vacc'd kits of some gun. Everyone that bought the kit said it was the worst nightmare they ever encountered.

I don't know, I might just be cheap, thrifty, or just proud to build my own stuff and push my creativity by finding or making parts that are of the right size, but I'd rather do this sort of thing myself. $10 of wood and PVC will get you several blasters.

Yeah I made that mistake of getting a cushman mg34 but i put some work into it to make look ok i get people asking me if it was a hyperfrim sometimes. Its flattering but its a cushmans.

Funny...several of us have been discussing this very kit on the so cal garrison boards for a little while now. It looks like it could be a good way to go if you're on a budget and handy enough to build it out well.

If you get one, I'd love to see progress pics of your build, and your opinions on the quality.

I'd love a hyperfirm lewis, but don't expect to get that extra $600 check anytime soon.

Yeah I should have it in a couple weeks and I'll post pics and reports on this as I go. One quick question what would I use for the ribs on the barrel.

One quick question what would I use for the ribs on the barrel.

I'd think the cooling fins could be easily made out of some of the plastic that will be left after you're done trimming the pieces. I suppose it depends on whether the untrimmed parts come exactly as pictured, but it looks like there'd be plenty left.

One quick question what would I use for the ribs on the barrel.

I'd think the cooling fins could be easily made out of some of the plastic that will be left after you're done trimming the pieces. I suppose it depends on whether the untrimmed parts come exactly as pictured, but it looks like there'd be plenty left.

Oh I ment on the barrel itself They kinda look like o-ring or something

but thats a good idea for the cooling fins

Oops. Sorry.

When I built my pack, I used an alvin ice tube for the large side tube. It came with rings very similar to the lewis rings, and I saved them for just such a possibility. Even if they're not exactly the right diameter, I think they could be modified.

You could also use strips of sintra (PVC foam). You could heat up a strip in some hot water, curve it around the barrel and glue it in place pretty easily.

Oops. Sorry.

When I built my pack, I used an alvin ice tube for the large side tube. It came with rings very similar to the lewis rings, and I saved them for just such a possibility. Even if they're not exactly the right diameter, I think they could be modified.

You could also use strips of sintra (PVC foam). You could heat up a strip in some hot water, curve it around the barrel and glue it in place pretty easily.

Thats sounds great thanks.

It's unrealistic to expect $600 quality for $90, but even if it turns out as being just OK and not as nice as a hyperfirm doesn't mean it's not a good deal, or a good option.

If it looks anything like the completed picture, seems like a really good find, and a good option, to me.

He probably made that entire kit in twenty minutes.... I could see paying 30.00-$50.00, but $138.00? Thats taking advantage a little, at least I think so. Its not that detailed. Pretty simple really. Dont you think?

There's an idea right there. some of the scratch built lewis' i've seen on here are fantastic and we all know there are vac-forming tables available to some of you. that would make all three BFG's being produced in house as it were.

MEPD, the one stop troop shop

Anyone gonna take up the challenge?