Uber Accurate Pauldron! (perhaps)

Here is a pic of mine i modify from standard by a tailors help to my own, whit foam in it and new black left/right black plastic leathers parts.

Rember me Seth, i might go for one of yours too.

All the best.

Rolf

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great!

Negative. Once I get it back (provided no revisions need done at that time) I want to have a few people handle it in person to gauge quality and accuracy. This month is going to be hectic and I'm going to be away for the latter half of it. I hope to take it with me to our local sci-fi convention (Farpoint) the second week of Feb to get some reviews. So if everything goes well we'll take some orders then. I also have to work out with the guy who is making them how many he can take at a time and how long they'll take to get done.

• 2 weeks later...

A brief update, I stopped by the shop the other day to see how we were doing. Not so well; the guy had surgery to fix an 80% blocked heart artery Needless to say he wasn't there, so I'm going to pop in next week when he returns. This is apparently a slow time for him anyway, so maybe he can bust out my pauldron real fast. Like I said before, I'm taking the proto to "Farpoint" con with me on 2/17 for reviews and hopefully we can rock out a few.

• 1 month later...

What we need when there done is the comparison sizes. i.e. just like the FX and SDS lids next to each other.

I plan on it. I have one of the old GF pauldrons, and also a couple of the GA type from ebay. The GF was pretty close in shape, the one I'm having made is more similar to that than it is to the GA. The stitching positions are all eyed from the film, and the closure and fasteners will all be as close as I can get them. The color of the "back" of the pauldron will also match movie reference. The materials being used are all high-quality, the vinyl is very heavy and soft, not like the stuff on a big roll at the fabric store. I am so excited for this!

What we need when there done is the comparison sizes. i.e. just like the FX and SDS lids next to each other.

I plan on it. I have one of the old GF pauldrons, and also a couple of the GA type from ebay. The GF was pretty close in shape, the one I'm having made is more similar to that than it is to the GA. The stitching positions are all eyed from the film, and the closure and fasteners will all be as close as I can get them. The color of the "back" of the pauldron will also match movie reference. The materials being used are all high-quality, the vinyl is very heavy and soft, not like the stuff on a big roll at the fabric store. I am so excited for this!

Excellent news!

I stopped by the shop today to hash out a couple details. It was actually pretty funny when he looked at some nice color reference pics I brought him (thanks Art & Roger) he said (about the pauldron I had brought along with the pattern to show him what it sorta looks like) "That one is all wrong"! We selected an edging that should look just about spot on, and I made a last minute adjustment to the closure straps. I picked up a sample of the orange vinyl too, as I want to make sure that it looks right. I'm supposed to pick it up Tuesday, so as soon as I get my mitts on it I'll have pictures up for everyone and we'll get everyone hooked up.