COMPLETE - Radio Box Progress Pics

TK-459

Thank you again for the nice comments.

The radio box is finally complete! I cut off knobs from potentiometers for the switches. I then backed that area with a small piece of plastic to create a recess. I also backed the box with some scrap sintra and cut out the center out so that I can put some bolts through to the main box. The only thing I have left to make related to this for my own pack is the little bottom carrier that holds the whole box from the bottom. I will have to vacform that. And oh yeah, wait....I need some dirty armor too don't I, lol. Here are some images.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks again for all the support. This was a fun part to work on. I just created another buck to attempt a vacform styrene faceplate of the box as well. I'll try that out later today. This project was always meant more as an exercise and for my own pack, but since I have went through it now I could create a few more if there is any interest. The fiberglass box takes a while to make so I don't expect to make a lot if any, but we'll see. Perhaps I'll make an interest thread.

Cheers!