Sort of Newby saying Hello

BingoBongo_275

Hi,

I've joined the forum as I'd like some chat on Sand/Stormtrooper issues. For those who don't know me I'm I'm Jez, a long-standing RPF/RPB/501st member. My site, www.StarWarsHelmets.com has been going for a few years now and has several thousand images of helmets and costumes from the SW galaxy. It recently had it half millionth visitor.

I've been lucky to have been able to handle and photograph quite a large number of original helmets (including the infamous "Move along" and "Stop that Ship" helmets which I showcased on my site this time last year). I've also interviewed a number of the original guys involved in the production of SW and specifically the costuming.

So looking forward to some interesting discussions and hoping we can all learn a little more through sharing info.

Cheers

Jez

Hi Jez, great site. i think i may have been the other 450'000 odd visitors, When i was sourcing info on suits and lids to build my first AP kit i used swhelmets. cheers

I'm fairly new too but welcome along.

where in blighty are you?

Simon

Nice to see you here! I have been to your site.....probably about 100 times for reference.....and sometimes just to slober/daydream. Thanks for your hard work and continued research. We just eat it up!

Thanks for the welcome guys. A lot of hard work has gone into SWHelmets over the years so I'm glad its appreciated.

Regarding AP Armour, its probably the one type not currently on the site so if anyone has any cool pics then please lmk. I know its effectively a GF III but it should still be represented.

I spent some time looking through the forum and one thread caught my attention, the one on strapping etc. Unfortunately this was closed down (I'm sure for valid reasons) but there was a lot of useful info in there so I'm going to start a new thread.

Cheers

Jez

Welcome on board,

Your site makes me wake up back then.

Ill been a 501 member since 2001, and back then ill got a GT armor (now two AP´s).

When ill saw your site for some years ago, ill know that ill much have a better/more accurate armor and knowless behind it.

Looking forward to hear more from you.

Thanks for shearing Jez.

Thanks again for the kind words guys. I like most of you started off with what I thought were really accurate helmets and armour only to see new better stuff coming along.

One things for sure we really are now spoiled for choice when you think back what was available 5-10 years ago!

Muad'dib - I wish I could update it everyday, but with work and other commitments its a hard slog adding new stuff

I'll do my best to try and keep it fresh

Cheers

Jez

• 2 weeks later...