Ok...time is getting close....dirty

TK-VADER312

I've got my lewis, my pauldron and my mp 40 pack. my backpack will be in a week or so and i'm currently getting with bill on the ab and knee plate.

...leaving me to get dirty...but.

what's the best way to do it. keeping in mind i'm not a handy style guy. i'm a bit paranoid about screwing up my armor. I've head fullers earth? paints...etc..

I had a friend who tried some stuff and was not happy when he took it off and it stained up his armor.

I think i like the idea of non perminate to start with, dirty then re-apply for dirt in different areas.

does this stuff flake off everywhere? will the wife be ******?..lol

what else do i need. I'm really not looking to create the fell in the muddy puddle trooper.

i'm thinking darks and greys.

My brothers...help me make my final steps.

am i missing anything?

With my armor I chose to go with the more dark grays and blacks, as I think the grimey beat-to-****-and-back look is better IMO. I had the help from TK412 (Arturo) who did the applying to my armor. He mixed a little bit of a light sandy brown color with black acrylic paint, and he combined those onto a paper plate with Windex. I still don't know the reason behind using the Windex but whatever. He applied thick amounts of paint to my armor, then let it sit. He then sprayed Windex to my armor, and wiped most of it off but left just enough on the armor to see the paint. He did this several times, and it looks like this (see below).

http://www.td1043.com/photos/2006_06_11b/

Just out of curiosity, why does everyone worry about the weathering being permanent? You can't do TK anyway, I'm actually afraid my weathering won't stay on. I fear the rain!!

nice...but i'm looking to do more darks and greys..thats a bit bright for what i'm shooting for

Does not matter. I highly advise you to use Brak's tutorial for technique alone - you can substitute the colors.

hey mike,

how did you fix your weathering? do you use hairspray?

i still have to fix mine and i´m a little worried about the hairsprayfixation...

yeap, just some cheap scentless hairspray. I've worn my gear to at least six events since January (when it was finished) and it holds up fine, save a nasty rain storm.

Me too. Hair spray it is. Only HOT wather will do the armor clean again. Mine is a autentic prop (AP) abs white plastic. No chemistry problem there. Good luck whit ya weathering job. Peace out.

Me too. Hair spray it is. Only HOT wather will do the armor clean again. Mine is a autentic prop (AP) abs white plastic. No chemistry problem there. Good luck whit ya weathering job. Peace out.

Is your armor painted white or is the "dirt" applied directly to abs? Also, if the armor is painted would kryon fusion gloss white be the way to go? I have that for my GF helmet...thanks!

Is your armor painted white or is the "dirt" applied directly to abs? Also, if the armor is painted would kryon fusion gloss white be the way to go? I have that for my GF helmet...thanks!

yes its put on directly on the armor. No paint on the AP, all parts in white glossy abs plastric.

The only painted thing, is the hand painted helmet insted for the stikers.

But i dont think there will be no problem whit hair spray, and spray painted armor (To be sure you can do a test on somthing you dont youse).

If you wonna see the weathering product i youse, you can see it here unde imperial armor (show off AP).

Ive done some new weathering job on the armor since then, will post new pictures asap. Enjoy trooper and have a nice day.

mikes (TD-1536) armor is spraypainted, so there should be no problem at all...

Just to clarify - Mine is painted white because it's an original TE, that was made in matte HIPS that did not have a gloss finish. If you're assembling a AP or FX kit, there is no need to spray paint.