Rogue One -- Jehda Patrols are "Sandtroopers"

BrinkHouse

Personally I think we are barking up the wrong tree. Lol

if we took on this new planet dirty trooper, would we have to change our name... From MEPD to something else? 

I mean we would have a non Mos Eisley Police officer. Hmmmmmmmm lol

I imagine with enough time though through books, comics, or other movies we will have other sandtroopers shown on other planets and with different gear. So Mepd may have to be extended or altered when the time came.  Ya know MEAJPD. (Mos eisley and jehda police department)

12 hours ago, shwarzwald said:

I imagine with enough time though through books, comics, or other movies we will have other sandtroopers shown on other planets and with different gear. So Mepd may have to be extended or altered when the time came.  Ya know MEAJPD. (Mos eisley and jehda police department)

The Outer Rim Police Department (ORPD)?

22 hours ago, Caomhanach said:

It's interesting that we are having this conversation on someone that may be a Sandtrooper - just deployed elsewhere, and yet we completely disparage the SE ANH Sandtrooper. Are we trying to pull this one in as it is on a new film but hate the other as it was added in later? Both have drop boxes, both have normal knee plates, normal an pieces and both have different packs... Hate to say but are we not having differing standards here?

For me - the SE is added in. Not originally there. This is why I do not think they belong.
However, maybe it was the SE ones that they tried to tie the R1s to so there is some sort of continuity. Just guessing here.

Is there any chance some one in the industry might get an interview with the costume designer. Ask some of our questions ?

i wonder if they consider a specification for uniform, armor, weapons load out and other gear and how it will be similar or differs from already set uniforms. 

Sure would be nice if they would consult the 501st when designing new trooper armor....LOL

Asher

The way I see it is that we are an upgraded/ evolved version of the Jedha Sandtrooper and should be treated accordingly even though there are some parts on it  that make us feel uncomfartable as MEPD Sandtroopers .

Incorporating them into the MEPD wouldn't be a problem and the FISD has different sections for all their variants as well.

For now it's just a waiting game for all of us.

And, most people had problems with the new First Order TK's too because they looked so different, compared to what we were used too.

:salute:

• 1 month later...

From my understanding R1 sandtroopers are not yet approved, right? But I hope they will be soon, and than we could chose if we want to have Tatooine or Jedah backpack to join MEPD.

I'm new here and still waiting for my first armor. Unfortunately without backpack I cannot join MEPD, so I'm wondering, should I wait for R1 TD to be approved?

14 hours ago, Rostwor said:

From my understanding R1 sandtroopers are not yet approved, right? But I hope they will be soon, and than we could chose if we want to have Tatooine or Jedah backpack to join MEPD.

I'm new here and still waiting for my first armor. Unfortunately without backpack I cannot join MEPD, so I'm wondering, should I wait for R1 TD to be approved?

First of all welcome to the MEPD Pawel!

You can already join the MEPD when you are 501st approved, this level doesn't require a backpack yet.

We are currently looking into the Jedha Trooper and we'll keep everybody updated as soon as there are any new developments.

3 hours ago, dutchy said:

First of all welcome to the MEPD Pawel!

You canalready join the MEPD when you are 501st approved, this level doesn't require a backpack yet.

We are currently looking into the Jedha Trooper and we'll keep everybody updated as soon as there are any new developments.

Thank you dutchy!:)

I'm not in 501st yet, because I'm still waiting for my armor... but soon, hope to be MEPD sergant, because there are to many captains:p

will be waiting for Your news regarding Jedah troopers:)

Honestly, we are in need more more Privates... BUT don't let that discourage you from picking whatever color pauldron you want. Until someone creates R1 armor, it'll be some time  until an official Jedha Patrol Sandie has a CRL created. There's a big difference between ANH sandtroopers and Rogue One armor. 

4 hours ago, Rostwor said:

Thank you dutchy!:)

I'm not in 501st yet, because I'm still waiting for my armor... but soon, hope to be MEPD sergant, because there are to many captains:p

will be waiting for Your news regarding Jedah troopers:)

Looking forward to your build and results!

In the meanwhile, stick around and feed on all the info you can find here.

And if you need any help we are here to help :duim:

4 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Until someone creates R1 armor, it'll be some time  until an official Jedha Patrol Sandie has a CRL created. There's a big difference between ANH sandtroopers and Rogue One armor. 

True, but I love to see this armor being added to the MEPD this year for sure!

48 minutes ago, dutchy said:

And we'll have to keep in touch with our brothers of the FISD as well.

True that.  They're working on a CRL, in an active thread.  It's tough, since obviously no one actually makes the armor yet.  But it looks like you'll be able to cobble together something that should pass basic approval (REALLY basic, IMO) by collecting a bunch of armor parts from various armor makers, modifying the heck out of them, and similarly modifying the Black Series helmet (substantially!).

12 hours ago, kman said:

True that.  They're working on a CRL, in an active thread.  It's tough, since obviously no one actually makes the armor yet.  But it looks like you'll be able to cobble together something that should pass basic approval (REALLY basic, IMO) by collecting a bunch of armor parts from various armor makers, modifying the heck out of them, and similarly modifying the Black Series helmet (substantially!).

I'll have to chime in on this particular thread on the FISD as well.

Hopefully the Jedha Sandtrooper can be added to our ranks somewhere in 2017.

12 hours ago, BadBatch said:

Too many officers, not enough working men. ;)
*says the trooper in the black pauldron*

I am a sergeant sandtrooper and was an NCO in the US Army. I continue to live my life by leading by example. I'll never ask my troopers to do something I haven't done myself or willing to do with them :)

2 hours ago, dutchy said:

I'll have to chime in on this particular thread on the FISD as well.

Hopefully the Jedha Sandtrooper can be added to our ranks somewhere in 2017.

FISD & MEPD collaborate! 

3 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I am a sergeant sandtrooper and was an NCO in the US Army. I continue to live my life by leading by example. I'll never ask my troopers to do something I haven't done myself or willing to do with them :)

Hope I didn't offend.
It was actually my grandfather's joke (he was a Staff Sgt in WWII). He and my other grandfather (who was a 1st Sgt) used to joke about Pvts and Sgts doing all the real work.

It just doesn't work as well with Sandies, since we've got the nonsensical no pauldron "enlisted" trooper alongside the black pauldron "Private".

In any case, I'm always glad to see more black pauldron troopers.

Sorry for veering off topic.
*back to our regularly scheduled programming*

• 2 months later...