Helmet options...

Hello,

i was just cruising around the web and discovered this website whitch looks realy nice for informations, im sorry if i should be a member to post i didnt know but i just had a question about helmet. Im thinking about ordereding a ANH helmet from Gotarmor.com, its $380 and it comes with upgrades, i just wanted to know anywere else that i can get a better deal on a helmet like the ANH or better, any help would be great

Edit: I did buy one off of ebay for 120 but the ears are off white and this is just a starter helmet im going to sell it if i can find a better deal.

Thankyou.

actually that ANH helmet gotarmor offers is AP armor. He buys kits from them and assembles and paints them up. so either way its AP. if you want to get a helmet kit to assemble, get it from AP by contacting tk409 (it will also be cheaper) but gotarmor offers the same helmet, but for more $$ cuz the works all done.

in my personal opinion, i would get the AP helmet. And since $250-300 is your price range then it is perfect for you. it is the most accurate helmet you can get for that price. I've bought from Efrain at Gotarmor before. Great guy!

I got two AP´s (autentic props anh stunt helmet version), and i think is one off the greatest armors out there.

80 thick glossy abs white plastic, 800 dollars for a hole armor.

All most screen accurate, like TE and TM.

I got two AP´s (autentic props anh stunt helmet version), and i think is one off the greatest armors out there.

I asked about the ANH and he sells it for 1,200.00 dollars and his F/x is 800, i think im just going to get the AP helmet he sells for 400 dollars and pick up Fx armor on ebay. Thats the best way i can think of.

Thankyou

does this mean you´re going to spend 400 on helmet AND FX armor?

i can´t remember any auction going for under 350 USD, that would be 750 USD in total plus shipping two times...

think once again... there might be better options to go!

I asked about the ANH and he sells it for 120.00 dollars and his F/x is 800, i think im just going to get the AP helmet he sells for 400 dollars and pick up Fx armor on ebay. Thats the best way i can think of.

Thankyou

I will go for a hole AP kit.

PM me if you wonna go for a AP armor kit (ive got he´s email), all body parts and helmet for only 800 dollars.

yeah, the reason his FX armor is so expensive is because its REALLY NICE fx armor. my first set was from him. he puts it all together, hand paints decals, has a wonderful strap system that he uses and its all ready to go. for that amount of money you could get the ap but would have to put it together yourself. Efrain also builds the AP armor which comes with the ANH helmet he offers. You might want to look into that too.

Im not that much into building i thought i could buy an assembled helmet. I just wanted to know if there was any ANh around 250-300, i just got into this hobby, and i just wanted to know.

Thanks for the info

If you're not much into building... I would suggest learning. Building is half the fun of this hobby, and because it's extremely time consuming and laborious, you'll end up paying way more for already constructed items.

i can´t remember any auction going for under 350 USD, that would be 750 USD in total plus shipping two times...

Well i just got into this hobby and im that good that when i see armor i know wut brand it is, but i can tell from the FX helmet and the ANH helmet. I cant realy tell armor wise, i did go to a site that had reference pics side by side explaining the FX to the ANH, But what im aiming for is a Realy nice quality helmet and FX armor could is a good for starting off with.

an FX is a good kit, It has his bad points but in gral is a very good one, many of us have it, alter with time you canupgrade if you want to

mike can help you a lot on the differences between

Well i just got into this hobby and im that good that when i see armor i know wut brand it is, but i can tell from the FX helmet and the ANH helmet. I cant realy tell armor wise, i did go to a site that had reference pics side by side explaining the FX to the ANH, But what im aiming for is a Realy nice quality helmet and FX armor could is a good for starting off with.

the revelation for me, came two years ago when I saw these pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think when you're not an expert in building you may start with the FX. It's very forgiving when making mistakes (and I'm sure you will.... )

But it wouldn't be your last set of armor. It's a nice set of armor in it's own way, but it's NOT screen acurate. It is in no way related to the originals.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there. This is my first post on this or any other costuming forum. I have been wanting to get a suit of armor for quite a few years but never was able to. Now I have the blessings of the boss (read wife) to go ahead toward the end of the year and go for it. I'm not too worried about assembling a set of armor b/c I used to build scale models and have a good feel for working with plastics and a good eye for detail. My dilemma is this: I'm not a small man. I'm 6'2 - 6'3 ish and fluctuate between 215 and 230 lbs depending on how much junk I eat. I've been reading different websites about trooper armor for years trying to research my purchase and from what I have been able to tell, FX armor is probably my best bet as far as fitment is concerned. I'm not too concerned with just dead-on screen accuracy. I'm more concerned with fit, wearability, and durability. However, that being said, even an eye as untrained as mine can tell that the FX helmet is wrong. Especially from the side. It looks too square or something. For someone like me, who won't be trooping that much (occasional hospital trip for kids, costume parties, etc.) would you guys suggest going ahead with the FX armor and later on down the road upgrading the helmet to a slightly more asthetically pleasing model? I live in rural AR now but I'm pretty close to Memphis, TN (about 40 miles). There are children's hospitals there and I know that one of the 501st garrisons is BOUND to go there for the kids from time to time. I'd really love to get in on that kind of action. For someone like me, does this sound like a sound course of action? I defer to your expert judgements.

it hit up an r-t or authentic props to go with your fx armor!! thats what ive had (r-t) now going for the ap though for more accuracy ill post some pics of the rt with fx for you in a bit or just look at my banner thats an fx with rt, for me personally the te is fantastic if you can pick one up but is more costly , i guess it all boils down to how much you wanna spend a te costs about the same as an fx armor kit i believe. and the rt and ap about 1/2 that.