Helmet options...

you'd make a perfect vader!

LOL! I want to do a Vader sooooo badly. He's been my hero since I was 3 years old and I first saw ANH. I'm too short though. Prowse was about 6'6 and I sound NOTHING like James Earl Jones!! Plus, from what I can tell, Vader costumes are SUPER expensive. At least if you want to do it right. Maybe later on. My wife is starting to get on board with this Star Wars costuming thing...so who knows?

It was my understanding that the TE cost a good deal more than the FX and was considerably smaller and more delicate. Is this not the case after all?

In general, though our very own CMANavy was able to get himself into TE and still look good, and he's about your size. You may want to ask what he did.

you'd make a perfect vader!

LOL! I want to do a Vader sooooo badly. He's been my hero since I was 3 years old and I first saw ANH. I'm too short though. Prowse was about 6'6 and I sound NOTHING like James Earl Jones!! Plus, from what I can tell, Vader costumes are SUPER expensive. At least if you want to do it right. Maybe later on. My wife is starting to get on board with this Star Wars costuming thing...so who knows?

i dunno man. you say you're borderline 6'2" / 3", then add the height of the boots to the height of the top of the helmet? You would probably be taller than a lot of vaders out there. And as far as the voice thing, there are modulators and changers that do a pretty good job. check out www.hyperdynelabs.com for some of those nifty things. you could get an ipod shuffle and playback vaders breathing thru an external speaker.

but back to the trooper question, the fx armor and the rt helmet are a good start.