ROTJ Stormtrooper Helmet Replica. Normal ear version (PICS)

keith

After a few weeks of hard work, i've now finished my latest ROTJ trooper helmet which i converted from a ANH helmet.

Assembling the helmet how i wanted it was a LOT of work. I made the face a bit thinner and softened the details, but the hardest part was building it in such a way that the left ear would turn in towards the face.

I spray painted the whole helmet inside and out in white, but not the whitest white there is, like my other helmets are painted in. I done the usual wet sanding and T-cut after the paint was fully dry, but i didn't over polish it up, so it looks just like the ABS plastic that the original ROTJ helmets were made from.

Here are some pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keith.

Whats a T cut?

T Cut is an automotive polishing compound found in Great Britain that allows you to buff out fine scratches and achieve a very smooth finish with a lot of elbow grease

Go to any auto parts store and look in the wax section. You'll find plenty of rubbing compound to choose from.

Charlie

Thanks

I glued a circle of styrene into each ear before i painted them, so i could put blobs of hot glue on the styrene circles. That way i could glue the ears to the helmet without having to have the glue all around the edge of the ears.

Thanks,

Keith.