So many pictures, I'm not sure how to word the topic...

TD-1536

I'm getting closer and closer to completeing a correctly sized back pack. I just wrapped up sculpting the radio face plate and some other misc. parts. I resculpted the 'Twenkie' and adjacent 'scoop' four times to get it right. It's currently out on the porch drying with a coat of resin on it.

I resculpted the radio face plate three times. The buttons/knobs will be added after vac-forming. I found some really nice knobs today that are sitting in silicon, ready for mass-casting!

Anyway, take a look.

The top box is attached to the frame using E6000. The bottom is attached to the frame with a few slivers of plastic I heated up, and riveted.

Posted Image

Tupperware Hamburger stackers, Jello bowls, and quart tops ready for a more active lyfestile!

Posted Image

Straps are made from 2in. elastic, the heavier variety, and attached with E6000.

Posted Image

The morter tube is connected to the main boxes with two long nuts and bolts, reinforced with Gorilla Glue.

Posted Image

And here's some comparison size pics, next to my TE/MH back pack.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is your new frame an existing backpack or was it custom made? If it's existing, what kind is it?

Thanks.

mike´s frame is the same i gonna use. it´s a vintage boy scout frame from around the 70´s! i bought mine on ebay.

normaly they are not too hard to find.

Great looking pack. Are you guys having to cut and bend the frames? The vintage scout pack frames I have been scoping look much larger than that used above. I planned on picking one up and doing whatever to get it to work!!!

Great looking pack. Are you guys having to cut and bend the frames? The vintage scout pack frames I have been scoping look much larger than that used above. I planned on picking one up and doing whatever to get it to work!!!

The only thing I cut off were the posts that extended above the top boxes. Hacksaw will do the trick. I also tried to use a rubber mallet to put a bend in the middle, but was not succesful. No big deal really, so long as the boxes are mounted at the correct angles.

Funny, it's only now that you mentioned it that I noticed that your frame didn't have the bend. I have a boy scout pack frame that has the bend in it, so I guess I just assumed yours did too. The angling of the boxes really does the trick.

i don´t know which part exactly mike used, but basicly it´s the part that comes with the thermaldetonator on a TK´s back!

Correct. Every TK armor kit comes with some kind of detonator face plate.