New pics of a painted TE2 ultra helmet LOOK!

trooperexpert

Ok, I know people want to see progress so here it is. base layer and white layer are down, mic tips are in and bottom trim is on. Eyes are cut out and so if the frown. Now all that is needed is a lens, foam, chin strap, and paint detailing and it is all done.. So look!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Whatcha all think??? like it so far...

Matt/STE

The lumps are in in it, but the bumps could not be put in. If I used a chunk of solid delrin as the master it would have shown up, but then the helmets would cost over $3K a piece. but with some ingenuity it can be added back in. This would require a ton of work and cost a ton more, but yeah it can be done. Matt makes magic happen.. Now buy one dammnit! LOL!

Thanks for the kind words so far guys!

Matt/STE

Right TE, it can be done. I'm telling you guys:

Mask the front, a light spritz of ceiling popcorn spray from about 3 feet away, sand it down a bit, and BAM!, bumpy cap and back.

outer shape is realy sharp

no

it´s the sharpest

but IMO details like the brow trim takes a bit away from the real thing

i think that there arfe two ways to go

accurate like the real ones

or you do a modern style like the helmets should be

think MR is planing to do a clean, symetric style

IMO this TE bucket is a lil (very little) mix

i´m missing the space at the ear parts and even the character of the brow trim

and on the other site there is the line on the back tube

that are two different styles

thats why i said the OUTER shape is 99% (missing bumps *lol*) perfect

never mind Matt

but it´s a very nice collecting item for all hardcore trooper freaks you created

in a small run it would be a part of history

may they never come in hands of a bad recaster

they only can make a copy for their own display and store the original in a safe and secured place

I find it funny that we are such critics (in a good way, though) of his new helmet considering he's the one that has made us so demanding of 'Trooper armor to begin with?

Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy!

You brought it on yourself, TE!

matt you know how much i appreciate your work and all you did for us!

so don´t get me wrong if i´m asking about the rumours around your scans and the GG scans...

i don´t want to be offensive in any way because i won´t mind anyway!!!

you were, are and will be the only one responsable for any kind of accurate trooperarmor around, anyone who has knowledge of you and your work has to admit this! so i´m just curious!

matt you know how much i appreciate your work and all you did for us!

so don´t get me wrong if i´m asking about the rumours around your scans and the GG scans...

i don´t want to be offensive in any way because i won´t mind anyway!!!

you were, are and will be the only one responsable for any kind of accurate trooperarmor around, anyone who has knowledge of you and your work has to admit this! so i´m just curious!

Yes, there are some rather dubious claims being made with regards to this helmet on the RPF.

**I'll be over here eating pop corn**

Yes MIke Verta paid me to DRIVE to LA, first mistake he made. I had a driver and a witness.. We did not fly down (first lie from Verta). We spent 3 days driving down to GG studios. Now was Mike at GG studios when the helmet was scanned?? NO... was he there when the artist in charge of making this bust asked me in FRONT of my witness if GG could use the scan and pics for the protptype they were going to make? NO

I have seen the helmet GG claims they used and it is NOT even the same width side to side as the set for stun helmet. GG is lying to me and when I asked about compensation the first time for the use of this, they said we cna gove you a free bust and a thanks.. Fine with me. Fast forward over a year later and GG decided to play dumb and claim they did not use this for the sculptures. (covering their assess)

Now as far as a verbal agreement for the use of this? Never happened. I said to MIke that part of the deal was that I get a copy of the scan from day one. Not once did I ever promise NOT to use it for any reason.

(Vertas second Lie) If he had asuper secret deal with GG studios, news to me.. Never heard of it, never asked.. never cared really. What I do care about is his half baked truths trying to paint me as a bad person and I violated and agreement. I said I had no plans to do anything yes, but plans change and let me show you something here. this is a email he sent and he is so out of touch with things as IF he wanted to talk to me about this, he could not even get his info straight. Even when I emailed him back, he did not respond. So again, he has an issue, heres a tissue...

Email: Matt -

Saw an errant post on RPF that referenced Gentle Giant's scan of the

TIE

helmet we did. Was that supposed to be public knowledge? I've not said

anything in any of the threads, but I was wondering what the deal was

there.

Hope all's well. I recently saw a pic of your ANH armor which, of

course, immediately on my "MUST HAVE" list...

_Mike Verta

Notice how he says nothing of a deal or anything regarding if these are being made. Bottom line is he thinks I am making TONS of money when in fact I am already $6200.00 in the hole just getting molds made and all.

funny thing is when i tried to contact him, he says no call is needed and nothing to talk about. I am sure he is ****** since I would not let him scan the armor for his 'project' either. Funny thing Mike fails to mention as well (lie #3) is that he was only going to make 1 helmet for him when he told me had had planned to do 10 suits and helmets for him and some buddies willing to invest in the project. ANd where is the helmet promised to me Mike from this $100K project??? Still waiting... not holding my breath though.. better things to do than get into a pissing match.

So, ask away.. I gave you the truth right here. Post it to the RPF if you want to. I could care less and people willing to roast me that know me can go and shaft themselves and you know who you are. Post this verbatim, cut and paste. I dont care...

So there is the whole story and the whole truth. Yay you paid $5000.00 for a scan Mike. The probelm you also fail to mention is that I offered it to you for $1500.00 4 months before and you begged me to not sell the helmet until you got the chance in January as you were busy with making movie trialers... and I had to wait til May 4th.. we had the helmet sold (me and the ex) and it cost us $5k in interest payments as we were going to pay off the house and we both felt that the price was fair since we did you a favor by waiting... again something my witness and ex can attest to...

Matt/STE