New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hi my name is Jose Medina I'm form Monterrey Mexico, I have a FX Sandtrooper Armor for almost 6 years now, I haven't really get involved in the 501st until now, I just send my enlist request, waiting for answer, and found this great site in the process of trying to get a better armor, so far so good with all the info you guys provide I thinks this is going to be easier that why I aspect.

Thanks

Jose M.

Hi all!

Just a quick note to introduce myself... Lifelong SW nut near Orlando, FL who has always secretly wanted to get into the 501st. Well, I've reached the point in my life to let my geek flag fly and am ready to suit up! Well as soon as I liquidate enough assets to score a kit. (Anybody want to buy some chairs from the old Boston Garden?)

I've been trolling around this board, and others, for a while and I am really impressed with the wealth of knowledge and the willingness to share. It's awesome!

Can't wait to get started and I know my son will freak when he finds out!

Well that's it for now... stay dirty MEPD!

AJ

• 2 weeks later...

Long time lurker here. Recently got my 501st membership as TK5144.

built an FX kit, modded a MRCE, started building some other stuff (ATA helmet, MG15, painting some boots)

I am considering TD as my next project. Seemed a bit daunting at first, but now that the first TK is done I think I am up for it.

look forward to it!

Derek

Hello!

My name is Karin and I am from Vienna, Austria.

I am builing an white TK (and an R2 unit) with my fiance right now.#

When this is over, I might get myself an TD (I always wanted to be a "dirty girl" LOL)

So I started doing research here.

Some may already know me from FISD.

All the best,

Karin

Hey,fellas-my name is Dave,been on the site for a little while.I have been hard at work getting my gear ready for deployment request.This website has been a great help. I am now working on my Crashmann pack kit and have already finished my Hyperfirm Lewis with Enfield straps and ribs. I have been a 501ster since January of this year with my TK.My TK is cool but I want to be a member of an elite group-the MEPD. I have been having a blast getting my armor ready and my hobby of painting comic and horror models will come in handy for the weathering-MH's youtube weathering vid is great stuff. Chat with you guys soon-Dave TK6513

Merugear from FISD reporting in!

Since I was planning to do a clean Heavy Weapons Trooper, and I botched up the paintjob on my helmet, thus making it accidentally look very much weathered... I'm going dirty all the way! The Sandtrooper has always been one of my favorites cos of all the additional props... and well for me looks more realistic.

Anyways, hope to share some good times with you people here at MEPD, still have to get my eyes used to the sandy theme of the forums, but apart from that... I'll just move along ;).

Take care, be safe!

Vincent

G'day all,

Names Dylan or D Rock.

I'm the XO over at the Southern Cross Garrison, New South Wales, Australia.

Now I'm a dirty bugger but I could stand to be dirtier. What can I do to achieve this goal? Sand Trooper!!!

I'm going to be asking questions. Some you've probably heard before but like my Grandpa used to say, "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask"

He also used to say "Wheres the scotch?" and "You don't put coke in a 12yr old single malt you idiot!!!"

Words to live by them. ;)

Anyway, I've got the armour well on the way. Needing to shim the heck out of it due to my manly thighs and calves but I reckon the sand will hide any imperfections. I'll be looking for advice on the back pack and generally making a nuisance of myself. Unfortunately I think I'm funny and tend to inflict it on others.

I apologise in advance.

Cheers

D Rock

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

My armor fever has brought me to the mighty MEPD! I am going for an ATA TD and a Crashman kit. I haven't decided on a helmet yet. I have an AP I use for display but my head doesn't fit throught the opening (I'm 6'4")! I might trim it just enough to fit. Who knows...

As far as a BFG, I'm thinking DLT or MG-15.

I look forward to your knowledge and guidance. My plan is to be deployed within days of earning my TD number!

Talk to you all soon!

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Although I've been on these forums for quite some time, I changed my call sign and think my old posts have been deleted.

So, I thought it might be good to re-introduce myself.

My name's Geoff and I go under the nickname "Maj. Hassel" (formerly Maj. Hangover).

I have a complete (weathered, modded, etc) AP sandtrooper kit.

On troops I carry my Hyperfirms Lewis gun, which usually doubles as a cane by the end of my troops.

I'm not yet deployed because my pack, although complete, isn't fully assembled because of storage purposes (I live in a fairly small apartment with my g/f and there's only so much room for my SW stuff.

Here's my armor/gun:

Posted Image

Here's my pack, so far: (the mortar tube, dish and side bar are in another corner - the pack won't sit on the shelf when they're attached)

Posted Image

In addition to a TD, I also have other completed armor: AP TK kit; a TE TIE pilot; a snowtrooper; Imp. Officer.

Under construction are: Biker kit (for my g/f -- only really need to make the boots); a tusken raider; and ROTJ Boba.

Hopefully, I'll get motivated and finish up my gear.

Cheers!

Hello, this is Eric from FISD just stopping by to say hi. I've been approved for TK duty with my local GML, and I'm awaiting 501st status. Just wanted to pop over and say hello.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

hello all, new member here, but i've lurked for quite awhile, the name's Chad.

thank you all for what you share on this site, i've learned a tremendous amount already. I have an FX/MRCE combo about 80% done. currently i'm re-working the strapping and doing a few fitment mods, i have a pack that is going to be reworked for accuracy soon. MRCE is completely modded to stunt, with the exception of ear screws, which will be going in soon. i've stripped it out completely recently and am remounting the innards in a prettier fashion (romfx, and a fan, and keeping a gap under the flat lenses for venting, surprisingly helpful!)

figured it was about time to join in. I've read a lot of the forum already and just want to say, thanks for all you've done on this site for all of us that are benefitting from what you have all already done and shared. this is so much fun !!!

cheers all !

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, name's Jeff, designation 6644 (no costume yet, was inactive the last 6 yrs due to military service). Looking to jump back in. Looking to score a set of ATA armor, not positive yet if I want to go for Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper yet.