The Move Along Project

RS Prop Masters

Hi Guys

So after quite some time we are now in the final stages of getting Anthony Forrest back in armour, for the first time since he filmed in Tunisia. This was discussed with Anthony back in May of 2012 and he agreed to suit up, but the right time to do this had not presented itself....until Celebration Europe in Essen was announced. We have since been aiming for this to be the place to share Anthony in armour with as many MEPD brothers as possible and that time is very close by now.

We have so far received conformation that the 501st booth at the event would like to stage the dressing, which seems like the perfect place to hold this and we know from experience how welcoming the German Garrison are. As the timing and details become confirmed I will post them here and/or in a fresh topic, maybe this would be a good time to get a group shot when Anthony is suited up? I personally remember the excitement around Jeremy Bulloch wearing his costume, so I hope we can recreate something as special with the MEPD right here with Celebration as our playground.

The suit has been supplied and assembled by us, with John (Quartermaster) supplying a fully finished pack and Jay (Trooper 1) supplying one of his pauldrons, so we aim to get Anthony cleared as SWAT :)

As I stated, the moment we have the final details they will be shared here. Lets hope Celebration is shaping up the way you expected.

Some crew will be required to assist Anthony and we are looking to have some t shirts made for those crewing and to commemorate the occasion, but we need permissions to use the MEPD logo, if anyone can help with this?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know there will be a few MEPD members present including myself.

So you can count on me giving assistance helping Anthony or where needed.

Just let me know and I'll be reporting for duty.

:td::salute:

Hi Simon,

Firstly congratulations for this amazing event, this is not only a great thing for the 501st but also for all Star Wars fans world wide!

Many thanks for including the MEPD in this. I know I speak for the forum as a whole when I say we are truly grateful and touched, seriously, thank you.

I'm sure you've had many offers with this undertaking, however, I for one would love to be given the opportunity to help out in any way I could, wether it be here in the UK or at Essen when we plan to troop at Celebration.

I've been speaking with AF and he told me how you guys had figured out a way to get him over to Essen. I tried to stage an emailing potion to the events organiser with some of the guys on here, unfortunately we didn't seem to get very far. So again thanks for making it possible for us fans to meet the man there!

Myself, Joe Versku, and Marcus Bedford will be attending Essen where I've arranged with AF to present him with some Britannia patrol goodies to welcome him on becoming a Britannia patrol honorary member. Maybe we could do this after AF has suited up and had a good days troop?

With regards to using the MEPD logo, Id suggest speaking to either Rick or Juan - although I dare say both will be along shortly to post on this thread.

Cheers for now,

Brad.

Thanks for the support guys and the permissions on the logo Rick, this should be a great part of the weekend.

So, I thought I should share some of the build images, and John may chip some pack images in along the line.

I was lucky enough to spend a weekend with Anthony towards the end of last year and I have to say he is a great guy, very interesting and we had a real blast.

Posted Image

Taking his measurements

Posted Image

Trademark High High Brow, with plenty of curvature, seen next to a more typical stunt brow.

Posted Image

Limbs sized and gaffer taped together

Posted Image

Adding the metal brackets.....

Posted Image

...and split rivets

Posted Image

Man!

How on Earth did I missed this topic?

I have followed some of the progress on the project via facebook and this is very exciting!!!

I have never met Anthony before, and will not be able to met this time either, but hope to get to do it someday.

Having him suit up and even become a member of the 501st and the MEPD would be AWESOME!!!

Not to mention to have him cleared as SWAT eventually...

So, Thx RS for including us, and making this happen!!

Saludos.

Juan

Its sure is tempting my friend, i would love to hang out for a good time there as well.

If i can make it to the event, there will be two move a long trooper´s in RS armor, and about in the same size as well.

Who is who, what what :woot:

(i look busted here, and have barley corn in my eyes, took a few weeks, pheww)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hugs from here bro :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, we have run into a snag on this. The legion is requiring a C&D on all mentioning of the MEPD and or use of logo. It appears that it has been promoted too well and making waves. Sorry for the confusion but there's nothing we can do at this point

Hey guys, we have run into a snag on this. The legion is requiring a C&D on all mentioning of the MEPD and or use of logo. It appears that it has been promoted too well and making waves. Sorry for the confusion but there's nothing we can do at this point

Ow crap....