Here's my new pack

Hellraiser

My first post here but I've been lurking for awhile now...soaking it all in.

Here's some shots of the pack I just built. Not completed totally yet, still in parts as you see. I'm going for a "screen-similar" look with some small adjustments to fit my taste without straying too far from the real deal.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks!

Heh...I bought 3 or 4 different kind of boxes before settling on these, they just felt 'right'.

Some of this stuff is a ***** to find and have it look right.

The main boxes are 'Plano' brand clear fishing tackle/storage boxes painted black and slate blue. Not cheap, but they work well I think.

You can't tell from the pics but there are 2 of each screwed together to give the right depth.

Thanks for the welcome guys and for the props about my prop!

This place is really cool with lots of great info that helped me a lot in assembling my pack.

Now I just gotta get my new AP armor all trimmed & assembled. Should be fun.

Cool pack !!

Do yuo have a "shopping list" of the parts you bought. The tackle boxes look like a good idea, are you able to use them for storage while wearing the pack?

I'm most curious what you used to create the radio box and the U-shaped "pump". I think I can identify most of the other pieces.

Is this similliar to what you used for your main boxes? http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog. ... rchResults

Those are close but not the same ones.

Lowe's sells a 'Plano' brand box (@$3.87 each) that is the same size/depth and identical to the ones I used with the exception that the latches were not as nice/strong. They would be fine if you glued them together (closed) permanently. You need 4 total. 2 screwed together for both upper & lower boxes to get the correct total main box depth.

Yes, the ones I used could be used to store things in if needed.

Aother side note: I painted them inside and out. That way if they scratch...and they will...on the outside, it's not as noticeable.

Cool pack !!

Do yuo have a "shopping list" of the parts you bought. The tackle boxes look like a good idea, are you able to use them for storage while wearing the pack?

I'm most curious what you used to create the radio box and the U-shaped "pump". I think I can identify most of the other pieces.

Heh...believe it or not, for the radio box I used a Glock 21 box!!

The U-shaped pump is also funny.

I was leaving Lowe's after striking out on finding parts to use for that pump. I couldn't find anything close for the oval shaped part at the top. On my way to the car I saw an empty 'Gumout' Fuel injector cleaner bottle on the ground (trash!) and snatched it up!

I didn't think it would work but I cut the bottom off and then cut the long neck off and then fit them together to create the oval main body. 2 pieces of 3/4 PVC capped & screwed to the main body at the top.

For the ribbed 'nozzle' section I used part of a Master Plunger handle. That part is not accurate but I liked the look of it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's the box that my .45 caliber Glock pistol came in!

...and actually now it's TWO Glock boxes (9mm Glock 19 and .45 Glock 21) screwed together for added depth!

I've have these laying around since I bought the guns in 1996 and I DID think twice before using them but then I realized I hadn't touched them for 10 years!!

So why not use them!?