Heat transfer or screen printing

DirtyBoy

I have a guy who is doing some stuff for me who can do embroidered logo t-shirts, with personalised embroidery, and vinyl heat transfer text on back for £15.50 ish a shirt. That's £25 without shipping unfortunately. That's not a bad price where I come from though for personalised stuff, its all so expensive unless you buy in massive bulk.

Nick

Screen printing is 1000 times better. Lasts longer and looks more professional to me. Heat transfer is ok, but not really a fan. I usually wont buy shirts that arent actually screen printed unless the design is so super awesome i just can't resist lol.

i Actually can do screen printing, only 1 color though. More colors require a set up where you can line everything up, which i dont have. BUT i cant get into t-shirts anyway, i already have too much going on and am trying to streamline what im doing lol

I agree with Lou and I vote for screen print. I agree with Nick that it might limit colors, but heat transfer is cheap looking and stiff. Like Lou said, one color, but with the right design, t-shirt color (background) and print color, you can make and awesome shirt. Screen is cheaper (cost) then embroidery. I think making something that is cost effective so as many people can get them is important. Sometimes things are awesome, but due to price it restricts so many of us.

I am fine either way. Not an expert but it does sound like screen print is better. So better is... better. :)

About embroidery, I really dont like it cause it feels stiff. But that's me.

I too think we should make it cost effective to give chance to more people to get them. Shipping overseas can be expensive so for all the troopers outside the country the shirts might be made (US or UK so far), saving a bit will help to better face total costs. As long as it is a quality piece, lets help our troops save as much as possible.

Saludos.

Silk screen is definately the best in my opinion. I have done many designs, and they seem to hold up really well. There is a new process though that does direct print as well, that is pretty cool, but pricey.

Also a new transfer method I am told, where a design is silk screened to a transfer paper, and then transferred to a shirt with heat. Sort of like normal heat transfers, but the inks/paints are different. These can be done in many more colors as well, but still pricey. I mean, $12-$14.00

Silk Screen in 3-4 colors are $9.00 to $12.00 Single colors, or doubles are $6.00 to $9.00

As for embroidery, I agree. NICE, but very pricey for t shirts. Now jackets! Yeah, pretty cool

• 3 weeks later...

Rick, I can do them as well if needed. Someone may have a better price though I can do as many colors as we want and a lot of colors on the shirt or just white for $14-$25, depending on T-Shirt quality. 100% fine jersey cotton, unisex shirt, soft, medium weight and made from combed cotton for comfort. Gives a flattering and stylish fit to virtually any body type. Made in the USA.

Rick, I can do them as well if needed. Someone may have a better price though I can do as many colors as we want and a lot of colors on the shirt or just white for $14-$25, depending on T-Shirt quality. 100% fine jersey cotton, unisex shirt, soft, medium weight and made from combed cotton for comfort. Gives a flattering and stylish fit to virtually any body type. Made in the USA.

Honestly Ben, I personally am ok with spending a little extra for something that is quality and looks great. Any sample pics of your work? how long? Can you do hooded sweatshirts?

• 4 months later...