*REVIEW IN PROGRESS* TD-10990 Requesting Deployment

Elegance

Sir, please find the following for review to be deployed, I think I have covered whats required but let

me know if you need anything else.

Name - Neil Hodge

ID Number - TD10990

Forum Name - Elegance

Garrison - UK

Link To 501st - http://www.501st.com...hp?userID=14959

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for reviewing,

Neil

@Al, dude, that is funny because I thought of the same thing. It has to be his mic. Funny though.

@ Neil, nice build out of the gate brother! Mike (DO) will be with you soon to give you proper feedback. I thought the neckseal was huge too, but once your bucket is on, you look screen accurate to me. I wish mine was big, it might be more comfortable. What are your boots though? They look like the wrong type for deployment. Might cause you an issue. Either way, Mike's opinion is what is important brother. And either way, DANG YOU LOOK GOOD! Welcome to the pit.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Breathstrip lol, the previous owner went a tap over the top with the velcro'ing and it will prob b coming out soon enough. The neck seal is larger but I find it better than the tighter one I have.

@Ben, the Icomm is excellent (when its not giving off random bursts) Ive changed to a different mic

now so will need a test troop to try it out again :thumbsup:

Neil,

Just a couple things mate.

Your chest plate is sitting a little too low, It should be just above the rectangular detail on the ab plate. See if you can get it to sit up a little.

Also your bee stinger should point straight down, I wonder if yours swivels. If so dont worry, but if not then you'll need to change it so that is sits vertical when on.

Otherwise pretty spot on for deployment. We'll need to see pictures of the snaps and brads on the sides of your armour and also under your cod too mate please.

Nick

Hey Neil,

your armor looks great!

i don't know if this little thing is important, but it looks like that the corners of your thigh ammo belt are not rounded off...

good luck bro!

felix

@ Neil - Thank you for your interest in joining the ranks of the MEPD, Brother!

Let's begin...

APPLICATION REVIEW (PART 1)

Name: Neil Hodge

Legion ID #: TD-10990

Forum Name: ELEGANCE

Garrison: UK

I.) HELMET:

a.) Green Lenses -- CHECK

b.) Paint Color on Traps / Tears -- CHECK

c.) Correct Number Of Teeth -- CHECK

d.) Mic Tips -- CHECK

e.) Vocoder Color (Black) -- CHECK

f.) Tube Stripes -- CHECK

g.) Rank Bar -- CHECK

h.) Brow -- CHECK

i.) Side Screws (Ears): CHECK

** Additional Comments --

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

CHECKED and CLEARED

Nice job on the helmet build. Although acceptable. I would like to see the black detail lines on your Tears and Traps to be a tad bit thicker. Looks a little light. Overall, nice construction.

II.) ARMOR / SUIT DETAILS:

a.) Canvas Straps -- CHECK

b.) Neck Seal -- CHECK (appears a bit too big, but it's fine) :thumbsup:

c.) Black Undersuit -- CHECK

d.) Shoulder Bells -- (SEE COMMENTS)

e.) Biceps -- CHECK

f.) Forearms -- CHECK

g.) Pauldron -- (SEE COMMENTS)

h.) Chest / Back Plate -- (SEE COMMENTS)

I.) Kidney / Butt Plate -- CHECK

j.) Ab Plate / Side Rivets / Cod -- (SEE COMMENTS)

k.) Thighs -- (SEE COMMENTS)

l.) Shins / Calves -- (SEE COMMENTS)

m.) Sniper Plate -- CHECK

n.) Boots -- (SEE COMMENTS)

o.) Gloves -- CHECK

p.) Hand Plates / Guards -- CHECK

q.) Ammo Belt (Waist) w/ correct Angled Edges -- CHECK

r.) Ammo Belt (Right Knee) -- CHECK

s.) Canvas Belt -- CHECK

t.) Pouches -- (SEE COMMENTS)

u.) Weathering -- CHECK

v.) Crotch Snaps -- (SEE COMMENTS)

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Your armor and gear are coming along nicely, Troop. Good job!

I will need to see close up pics (with any requested mods) of the following:

- Crotch Snaps

- Left side Rivets (6 total) and 1 (back side shown) male snap on upper right ab section

- Thighs (need to see close up of backs)

- Shins (need to see close up of backs, preferably open as to see your fastening technique

- Boots (Unworn)

- Pauldron (It could be the lighting, but I don't see (enough) weathering on it

- Please raise your chest plate as to show more of the ab plate detail. Appears to be too low.

- Shoulder Bells cannot have any decals / patches (see pic)

Posted Image

- NOTE: Although your pouches are acceptable, we do recommend that you upgrade to the more accurate pouches soon. We have 2 members (TD-8266 and BOO) here on the boards that can get you squared away and their prices are very affordable. :thumbsup:

III.) BACKPACK:

a.) Details -- (SEE COMMENTS)

b..) Weathering -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Nice looking pack, Neil. :thumbsup:

Although, if you do decide to enter the S.W.A.T. program later, I'm afraid that you will need to make heavier mods or get a new (more screen accurate) pack.

As for this pack, the following details must be fixed in order to qualify for standard MEPD deployment:

- What is the length of your side pipe? It may have to be shortened a bit.

- Top cannister / cap appears too big and extends upwards too high (checking MEPD acceptance)

- 'exhaust port' detail appears to big, as well. (checking MEPD acceptance)

- Bee Stinger swings out (appears loose) This must be tightly secured as to not flop about

- Secure the bottom cannister (appears loose) It should appear sturdy

- Cistern assembly may be suspect (checking MEPD acceptance)

- Lab Pipe must be secured to the frame (it appears loose / see pic)

- Lab Pipe may have to be shortened, as well. (checking MEPD acceptance)

Posted Image

IV.) WEAPON(S): E-11

a.) Details -- CHECK

b..) Weathering -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

CHECKED and CLEARED

Thanks for showing the D-Ring detail.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

*** GOOD WORK SO FAR, TROOPER.

MORE COMMENTS / MOD REQUESTS ARE PENDING. PLEASE STANDBY...

Wow, thanks for the time taken to review my TD Michael :thumbsup: , I'll print off the list and tackle them one by one.

Just want to check -

-On the Pack comments you have put "Checking MEPD acceptance" does that mean your checking something or I need to check the pack details and fix accordingly, im just a little confused.

-On the shoulder bell do you mean the UKG decal or MEPD sticker on the inside, or both?

Again, many thanks for the review Rick :salute:

Wow, thanks for the time taken to review my TD Rick, I'll print off the list and tackle them one by one.

Just want to check -

-On the Pack comments you have put "Checking MEPD acceptance" does that mean your checking something or I need to check the pack details and fix accordingly, im just a little confused.

-On the shoulder bell do you mean the UKG decal or MEPD sticker on the inside, or both?

Again, many thanks for the review Rick :salute:

Hi, Neil

CHECKING MEPD ACCEPTANCE means that I have to consult with the CO and XO to see if these sections (parts) are acceptable in their present form or if they have to be totally replaced to meet the requirements. No worries, not a total pack break down. But you may have to upgrade the parts in question.

As for the Shoulder Bells, no visible decals (or patches) on the exterior. The decal on the inside is not visible and doesn't affect the appearance of the TD.

Looking forward to seeing the pics requested so I can continue the review process and get you on your way.

:td::thumbsup:

@ Neil - Great job so far, Troop! :thumbsup:

Once we get everything confirmed, we'll get you squared away an on the right path to Officer Deployment.

The goal here is not to give recruits a hard time, we just want to make sure that every trooper gets as close as they can to looking uniform in relation to each other.

We do not want a civilian to ever ask "Why does that Sandtrooper look different from that Sandtrooper?"

We are all one and the same. The only differences that should be recognized is weapon and pauldron color, everything else should be dead on (in regards to basic armor details, that is.)

Again, we will definitely make sure that you successfully meet the MEPD requirements. The fact that you applied to the 'Precinct' in the first place shows your willingness and commitment in doing so.

You are on your way! :td::salute:

Standby...

As for the Shoulder Bells, no visible decals (or patches) on the exterior.

That's always going to cause a sticky point for UKG troopers I'm afraid as we are not allowed to troop without the UKG decal on the left shoulder bell, it's a mark of recognition for our group to help us stand out from other groups, but there are always ways around it for deployment Neil.

Nick

That's always going to cause a sticky point for UKG troopers I'm afraid as we are not allowed to troop without the UKG decal on the left shoulder bell, it's a mark of recognition for our group to help us stand out from other groups, but there are always ways around it for deployment Neil.

Nick

I admit I was scratching my head over the decal a little bit, I have since removed the decal anyway as I was un-cleared but the previous owner

had left it on.

Standing by.........

@ Neil - Although the decals (shoulder) may be allowed for the basic 501st TD designation as indicated in the Legion TD CRL, the 'No Decal' rule IS in the MEPD CRL. This detachment requirement has to be enforced for the application process and eventual MEPD deployment.

With that said, once a trooper IS MEPD deployed, you may put your bell decal back on. We just need to see that it can be removed and (once again) we need to have ALL our MEPD Officers worldwide to look uniform.

The majority of all Lucasfilm Events (actually all of them) require the 'characters' to be as screen accurate as possible. (i.e. no customized or personalized gear visible) but, Non-Canon events are a different story, of course.

The UKG Troopers have always been known for the Shoulder Bell decals (which I always thought looked great, by the way) and many of the our own Troopers stateside have ID decals and Garrison / Squad patches on their bells, as well. But, they have to be removed for 'canon' events.

(We do A LOT of LFL Events here in the States and they are VERY strict on details, believe me! lol)

It's a simple fix really, just follow the MEPD CRL rules when assembling your armor and you will be fine. The goal is to get deployed by following the guidelines and to get your armor and gear officially on file. Once in, it becomes a little bit more flexible and the gear changes at that point will be supervised by your Patrol Leaders and Garrison Commanders.

We are all one and the same and appearances due count.

I hope that clears things up a bit. :td:

No problem and thanks for explaining Michael :thumbsup:

You're very welcome, Neil!

We just want to make sure your gear is up to snuff and ready to go!

We are looking forward to having you march with us soon! :td::salute: