Local policing units idea.

Smally

Hey guys and girls,

I've had an idea which really stems from our friends of the 66ers.

As we are a detachment of the 501st, maybe we could look at localising smaller units for troops that live in the same areas. What I mean by this is: within a 2mile radius of where I live there are 3 SWAT troopers, yes 3 within 2 miles!

So my idea for example is say the UK troopers would be something like: Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, and Derbyshire troopers becoming a smaller "local policing unit" and which we/ they can come up with a cool unit name which represents their area (just like the 66ers do).

This can be repeated all over the World for local troopers who live close to each other. Of course this would just be as a bit of fun that maybe we old go on to deign some logos etc for and maybe even trade with other LPU's later on.

Just an idea.

What do you guys think?

Brad,

We have the patrols thing mate and theres no reason why you cant make a patrol for your local area.

I proposed a UKG Sandtrooper patrol a while back on the UKG Forums and it was met with about 2 posts of support, so the idea came to a halt, although I had some good ideas on name and logo already happening see here:

post-2653-0-77744400-1355750511_thumb.jp

I'm more than happy to resurect the idea for 2013 as I really feel we should have a UKG Sandy squad.

Nick

Yeah, this is the sort of thing we should get sorted.

I wouldn't have seen your post on the ukg forum as I very rarely go on there... For reasons I won't go into here.

We should look at getting this going. Its always best to post this sort of thing here on the MEPD as youll get the best interest and dedication ;)

I think a UK sandy squad is a must, especially when you consider how many of the SWAT cleared troops on here are actually from the UK, although this should be for all UK TDs and not restricted in anyway - the more the merrier!

Loving that logo too.

Yes that's why the patrol is for. To unite all the Sandies within the Garrison.

But, if I may quote our ex-DL Bluey Noel Green, who started this project, the idea for a patrol is, at best, officially unofficial within the 501st.

So if any patrol wishes to come out with logo/patches etc, best to leave out any wordings with "501st Legion" or "Mos Eisley Police Department" or "MEPD".

Sorry to sound like a wet blanket but that's sadly that's how the 501st rules states.

@ SMALLY - That would be a great idea for all of you to unite to form one patrol! :thumbsup:

Some of the members in the 66ers live within 1.5 hours of each other while others are close to 2 hours away!

It's hard to be a patrol of 1 or 2. That issue is totally understandable and why this would make perfect sense.

The Southern California Garrison covers a large territory and it goes without saying that the UKG area isn't just limited to just the 'White Cliffs Of Dover' ! hehe

I think that it would be cool to see you all form a 'super' patrol and represent that way. That would be one heck of a united support group, wouldn't you say? :yes:

As for the 66ers, (and details we don't want to bring up just yet) we are tinkering with an idea of setting up a LISTENING POST i.e. (a forward position set up to obtain early warning of enemy movement) in a neighboring sector (state) that is over 4-5 hours away where TD numbers are so small that a patrol formation would be pointless.

The idea would be to 'adopt' these lone TDs and have them fly the 66ers banner in their area. They would be an extension of the our patrol and not a franchise. They would not start their own ROUTE 66 PATROL in their area. The chain of command would still be the same. ONE central Command Staff that all would answer to. They would basically be two 66ers that were 'sent on a mission in a different section of the grid'. All activity would have to be cleared and approved by the main patrol leaders. I'd like to think of them as 'scouts'

So although they live over 'X' hours away, they would be considered full fledged 66ers with full patrol benefits and the backing / support of the entire group.

Another example would be is If a couple of us moved to France for instance, we would stiill be 66ers.

We are in contact with these members and it seems that there are not enough TDS to start a legitimate patrol.

So, we are in current talks to bring the possible 'scouts' in soon. We will vote on this after the holidays. :td::thumbsup:

now then brad,

this is something that i have thought of many times but never mentioned it as i am stil not cleared yet

(although my photos are being taken on wednesday whooheyyy).

anyway i think its an excellent idea,i might be biased though living in leicester lol,but would love to see people getting involved creating

a name,banner and maybe even one day a pualdron etc..

again,great idea bro!!! :thumbsup: