My first build...

FattyMcJ

• 2 weeks later...

What can you guys tell me about a helmet fan and a voice amp. The fan im sure I can get from best buy or a comp store. The voice amp I'm not so sure of. One with a static burst would be cool but I'll take a regular one also. What is 501st approved for voice amps.

There is no amp approved by the 501st, as it is not required to get clearance. However, the iComm system by Jim Sauter TK6294 works wonders! I have one my self great quality and fit.

As for the fans, they are optional too...And yes, they work nice for cooling off heat as anti fogging. Two small ones from a local electronic store can do wonders too if Tatoonie heat is to intense.

Just got my amp and icomm today!!! I cant wait to tourcher the wife and kids with it. Hopefully I can get the weathering done sometime this weekend. After the helmet is done I promised the wife that I would hold up untill after the summer is over but ill be back at it in the fall. Thanks again for everyones help. This is becoming more and more real as the days go on.

Just finished the weathering. The only thing I can say to the noobies like me is if you go the trooperbay way I wouldn't use the slate colored sand. Not saying you can't but I thought the my helmet looked just fine with out it. Just my opinion. Well let me know what you think...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well... calling it a do over on the sandtrooper bucket. I'm not 100% happy with the way it turned out. It looks cool but I think I need to change my game plan. I have all the materials to do another one I just have to buy another kit. It kinda sucks but I know the next one will be 100x better. Heres to trial and error...

Well... calling it a do over on the sandtrooper bucket. I'm not 100% happy with the way it turned out. It looks cool but I think I need to change my game plan. I have all the materials to do another one I just have to buy another kit. It kinda sucks but I know the next one will be 100x better. Heres to trial and error...

:blink: A do over...? Yikes I'm in trouble...just starting my build and I thought the way the helmet came together and the weathering looked terrific - if you don't mind sharing, what was it that you didn't like and what is the new "game plan"? Thanks

You should be able to just clean up the bucket and any flaws can be covered by the new weathering. Its your bucket and money but I tried several weathering techniques and if I didnt like it I just cleaned it as best as I could. Most of the stuff that was too hard to get off just blended in nice and actually looks good. I dont think it warrants a new kit unless you like that one for display. Just my 2 cents. Looks pretty good though.

hey brother no need to do over.....my suggestion would be to use natural baseball rubbing mud for weathering. I've used it on my full armor and looks amazing. plus if you don't like the end result it can be washed off

• 1 month later...

i think it looks great! i went for the very dirty look, but yours is awesome. A thought that someone shared is - Everyone else's lid looks better than yours, to you. That means yours looks beter to alot of other sandtroopers than their own bucket. Each one has its own personality. I know it's hard, but quit looking at it. Don't look at it for a week, then look at it. Your opinion on it might change.