RS Sandtrooper build up.

Rolf

Hey Rolf...

How are you my dear friend?

I was wondering... if you could start a new thread sometime, with your comments and opinion about different armors and how was your experience putting them together.

For example what do you think about TM armor vs RS armor... plastic, shape, sharpness, etc.

That would be awesome.

Having that kind of input from an experienced builder as yourself, and who is also a TD armor expert, would be very interesting and also very useful for troopers to choose between armors.

For example, someone over the LSD wrote that the ultimate white armor would probably be a mix of RS helmet (and now better with the new HDPE), with TM armor. I don't know since I have never seen a real RS armor. But I am also guessing that a Gino bucket would be awesome with a TM or RS armor.

Anyway, there is lots of room for discussion there, but your inside pov would be awesome to have.

Saludos mi amigo for you and little Sylvester!

:)

Thanks bro ;)

I would say...

nothing can beat a first generation cast of a screen used ANH suit.

And in nice ABS thickness as well :thumbsup:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean Rolf....I feel like I haven't had a minute to myself in over 2 months. Have about a week or so to try and catch up on things....then valentines day hits and I'm back to a million hrs. After that though I'm free until NOvember :)

Just start a new job up, and worked crazy hours like a mad man.

But lucky from late next week, i will have more time to go into assembling the suit.

So new progress pics coming up real soon :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Get to work man!!! No time for messages lol

I have try to wake him up, and made a deal whit him trying to work ******* him next week.

I hope to make some nice progress over the next two weeks.

RS have also shipped out the last parts, canvas belt, parts, wires etc...

Heres a pic of him relaxing on the sofa:

Posted Image

I just got my two new pairs of tkboots.com in as well.

Plus all three ranks of pauldrons.

I will modify the neck to more accurate look, and maybe make a topic about the progress there as well:

Posted Image

I also got my counter chips from Vern on fisd, for my DoopyDoo E-11.

Plus the barrel sight from DoopyDoo to my DLT-19 coming up as well, i will make a new topic about the DD guns as well:

Posted Image

Troop on :thumbsup:

rolf,i love your builds mate,

like juan said it would be great to hear your opinion on all things white!!

quick question-is RS the only guy that does the helmets with the rough finish?

keep it up :thumbsup: marcus.

Thanks, i try my best each time assembling them :thumbsup:

Do you mean the bumpy back and cap, if so many have that as all the TE line age helmets + Gino´s.

I´m very happy for this RS kit here.

To me i guess the RS and TM are top of the line out there, if i should say what to buy.

After those two monster, i will say the TE line age suit: TE, TE2, Cap, Cap-W, PT, ATA.

Troop on :thumbsup:

Small update.

I trim a bit off the biceps, arms, and legs, and shins today.

These are just test fittings, as most of them are still way too big, and will be trim more down.

Same for edges, for better fit of the parts, and move accurate looks.

I hope to trim them for perfect fit, and glue the straps on this weekend coming.

New pics up very soon :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking really good Rolf. How are you finding the fitting compared to TM?

I would maybe like to get a shiny set of armour at some point and would be torn between this and TM.

Nick

I guess the TM parts fit better together.

Its a hard choice, both suits are the best out there :thumbsup:

My last TM:

Posted Image

Simply beautiful mate.

1 question, slightly off topic for your armour, where did you get the sight for your DLT-19? I am scratch building one and looking for parts.

Nick

I got both the DLT-19, and the extra sight form DoopyDoo.

I will make a assemble topic about the gun, as soon as the RS Sandtrooper is done :thumbsup:

Great stuff.... I'll be following this with great interest..... That TM rocks!

Thanks on the TM bro :thumbsup:

I have trim down the biceps, arms, legs, and shins, so they fit, and ready to get the straps glued on.

New pics coming real soon :td::yes:

yeah come on Rolf, I really expected you to do it again in a month or so, I want to see more results :D :D

but the armor looks great so far!I'm back again and building also my RS Sandtrooper, did receive the armor past weekend :)

and can't wait to do a superb troop with you sometime in our top notch killah suits ^^ :td: :td:

so I'll also have to hurry up cuz my 18th. is not far away :P 5th of April, and then an mepd deployment will be sent ;)

what about the hengstler plug? got a new E-11? :woot:

Haha copy that :woot:

Right now i need more hours in the same day, time just fly by to fast each day.

Most time gos to work, being whit my son & girlfriend :teehee:

Plus i got the last body parts from RS, just 2 days ago i have been waiting on :td:

Plus the ANH accurate RS kit are no walk in the park vs. other more easy fan sculpt suits to assemble.

I have study screen used pics a lot, and talk whit TM about the parts along the way trying to get it all just right :turned:

I have assemble the biceps, arms, legs, shins, and trim all body parts.

So i only need to add the straps on the parts, and i´m ready to make the accurate strapping system for the body armor.

I got all the snaps and hooks etc, but i need to cut, and sew them all my self, before i can add them to the suit.

Next up i need to hand paint the helmet details, and then at last the weathering job.

I plan to copy the move along pattern all over the suit.

It my goal to have the suit all done ready for pics taken, whit in 3 weeks time from now :thumbsup:

Heres a few pics, left leg are not trim in yet:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

New pics real soon :duim:

yeah come on Rolf, I really expected you to do it again in a month or so, I want to see more results :D :D

but the armor looks great so far!I'm back again and building also my RS Sandtrooper, did receive the armor past weekend :)

and can't wait to do a superb troop with you sometime in our top notch killah suits ^^ :td: :td:

so I'll also have to hurry up cuz my 18th. is not far away :P 5th of April, and then an mepd deployment will be sent ;)

what about the hengstler plug? got a new E-11? :woot:

Sounds cool, i´m sure will assemble a top bad *** cool sandy as well buddy :thumbsup:

Yeah i got a new DoopyDoo E-11, and metal clips from Vern on FISD to be add on the counter real soon:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Two new pics.

i manage to trim the left leg as well this evening.

And trim/test fit once again the rest of the other parts, before the strapping will be glued on the next days.

New pics up in a few days :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image