Your background bro.

Rolf

Hi gang.

I just made this topic, to hear your story.

When did you fall in love, whit the hole star ways adventure.

I was born in 1973.

My mom and i lived in a nice big old house, we share our garden whit a old hippy, and painter.

He was a comic strip fan, and i looked in he´s ANH cartoon book.

My dad and i have all ways saw a lot of movies together, and he love to show me good adventure movies.

So in 1980 he took me in to see ESB, i still remember it like it was yesterday.

I was blowed away, like the best moments in a cinema ever!!!

From there i was a fan, when ROTJ came in 1983 i was 100% ready for it.

And saw it many times, and never let go of my love for the movies.

Well heres a few pics of me back then...

Ready set go :-)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That little artist...they should have foreseen this...! ;)

And at that age, you look so much like Sylvester...unbelievable...! :blink:

Nice idea, bro - so let me jump in right away!

I was born in 1970 and always into science-fiction. It began with radio drama and the like, cartoons and comic books and ended up with my first movie in cinema.

I still remember it just as if it was yesterday!

It was a boring sunday and I had nothing to do when my mother told me that she wanted to go out and take a stroll in a nearby mall with me - 'dang, what a great idea', I though to myself - a six-year old going on a shopping trip with his Mom on a sunday where all the stores in Germany are closed...thanks but no thanks...

Anyway, we walked the long pathways of the mall for quite a while and the longer we went, the more suspicious I became...I thought, I remembered a small cinema being in that area...could that be...??

And finally, turning around a corner, the entrance to the cinema wide open in front of us and a HUGE statue of R2D2 and C3PO before me (they were lifesized but hey, I was six... ;)), it occured to me what would happen next:

I got to see ANH with her which was overwhelming and changed my life completely! That was in 1977, I guess... ;)

No doubt that I saw every episode as soon as it came out!

This fascination of Science-Fiction in general and especially Star Wars prevailed ever since but it took me more than 30 years to get to the point and finally pick up my tools to buy and build armour! It is never too late to do the right thing, no? :D

Well, that is my story...

Cheers

P.

Great topic bro...

I was born in may 1977, a few weeks before the release of ANH. So the first movie I saw was ESB.

I was just 3 year old and my parents took me to the movies to watch it. It was my very first time in a movie theater... I was really impressed!!

The scene where Vader meets Han and Leia in Bespin and he deflects the blaster shot with his hand was so powerfull and stuck so hard in my mind, that I practically not remember anything else.

Well, that and that I was terrified at the end cause I though the stormtroopers and Vader would come out from behind the silver screen. LOL...

From that day on, Ive been a SW fan but specially an Empire fan. DV is my fav character, but TKs and TDs have been alway my fav costumes... I always dreamed about joining the empire and serve Vader in a white armor... Still hoping he will come and pick me for his personal guard. LOL...

Next birthday I had my party with SW theme... and I was: DARTH VADER!!!

This is my costume, just a few hours before the party:

Posted Image

Thats me...

Saludos..

Another great topic....

Well for me....I was born in 1971 so I was about 7 when "Star Wars" came out. My parents divorced at a young age so the time I got to spend with my Dad was super special to me. Every summer we would rent a cottage for a few weeks and I would stay with him and my grandparents. I remember like it was yesterday going to the movies to see "Star Wars" the summer of 77....we had to drive about 2 hours to Hartford, CT to see it.... as I road in the back of my grandfathers pinto....rain pouring down....no seatbelt...our german sheppard (Kilo's) dog hair everywhere...lol...from that point I was hooked. I loved the action figures and toy ships that soon became staples in my xmas and bday wish lists....fast forward 30 years and now I have 2 sons of my own. My oldest son Aiden (6 almost 7) is the same way I was back then....his room is loaded with figures and ships and he actually dresses as a Jawa for certain events. Being a sandtrooper is like a dream come true to me...

A pic of me and my Dad at the beach cottage :)

Posted Image

Hey guys i was born in 1972 in Eugene Oregon and the first time i saw star wars was at a drive in movie.....

After that my mom tool me to Empire and Return of the jedi at the local movie.My mom who raised me and me sister made sure never to pass on anything star wars....shortly after a new hope we went to a local car dealership and saw Darth vader a jawa r2-d2 in person!!star wars really filled in a empty gap in my life that has changed me forever!Sorry i have no pics but i might just have a drawing or two for Rolf to take a look at!

Love the storys bro´s, keep em coming in :peace:

Three pictures i would love to have, but never got taken is:

1. Me whit my kenner toys collection.

2. Dress us as a stormtrooper for halloween (home made, but whit a trooper face in hard thin plastic whit elastic back)

3. On my after school care taker place, around age 7.

I was co of a larger home made stormtrooper suits hahahah, we sew them, and then paint on them whit black paint.

And made wood blaster, painted black... the after school quick became the death star :lol:

Love the pic Juan, very old school cool ;)

Posted Image

I was born in the UK in 1972 and saw the original Star Wars after being taken to see it with my parents when it first came out here. I was hooked. We moved to Scotland as a Family around the same time and back then there was very little for a child to do but excercise his imagination. Star Wars filled mine. I had most of the Palitoy figures and vehicles. I drew stories and space battle scenes. I bought every issue of Star Wars weekly comic. I played Star Wars with my friends. I was always Luke Skywalker. I loved stormtroopers and always dreamed of having my own stormtrooper suit. Star Wars was my world when I was growing up. As the years moved on and the other movies came and went my interests moved on. I was reading 2000AD and moving into more grown up hobbies such as Tae Kwon Do and Triathlon. Star Wars drifted out of my life. The prequel movies were disappointing and never quite managed to rekindle the original flame in my heart for the story. By then I was working and my hobby had become airsoft. I got into collecting military gear and gaming. I started the www.wannabe.uk.com website a few years ago together with one of the most popular and well-known gear forums online today at wannabe.iphbost.com. All this somehow led me full circle and into buying my first FX stormtrooper costume for shits n grins. I can't honestly say that I am back in the Star Wars fold completely but I'm enjoying my little bit of dress-up nonsense now that I am pushing 40. I'm currently finishing off my TD. I've just completed a Boba Fett, I have an ESB TK and a Jango Fett in progress, with a complete Jawa and a Tusken also in progress. I wish I had photos like in the first post. I just have memories.

:blink:

Ok I'm going to age myself here.....

I saw the Star Wars movie when I was 17, (Was born in 1959)and our family was on vacation in Tuscon Az.....we were hot tired and bored in our hotel room so we went to the theater about 10:30 pm...we had heard about this Star Wars movie and wanted to see it but we didn't get into the theater till almost 11 pm...the film kept breaking and we had 2 delays but we wandered around in the mini mall waiting to get in...by 1:30 am I was a die hard Star Wars fan ever since!!!

Working on my Sand trooper armor slowly but surely and I have the strapping system and the dirtying process nearly done....been having some health issues that have slowed my down but will get the armor finished!!

ShortTRooper (Diana)

Nice topic, Rolf :)

I was born in 1977, the year when everything SW started.

My parent's weren't cinema lovers, so the first time I saw Star Wars was on TV, I was eight years old.

I still remember the emotion and fear of seeing the Stormtroopers breaking in the corridor, running and shooting lasers, and after the first incursion Darth Vader coming in and looking at the dead troopers, just breathing heavily.

Still gives me the chills! That was it.

Armors, Blasters, The Force, Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, Lightsabers, Spaceships, Tie Fighters, Tie Pilots, Princess Leia, Ben Kenobi, Disguise, Rescue, Escape, Evil, Thrill, Adventure! OMG!!!

With those fresh memories I did my first SW costume that year:

Posted Image

It's a shame I threw it away years later, the faceplate was really accurate!!! I even remembered the three coin slots between the eyes, after seeing it just for one time! Still no VCR at that time :(

Years later I attempted a Scout, this time with the help of a VCR:

Posted Image

I was literally a Biker Scout ;)

Posted Image

The helmet was a bit oversized and the armor a little tight, but it was awesome! I still have this one :)

And here I am, 24 years later, more and more a SW geek, and a happy EIB Stormtrooper :D

Posted Image

I'd really love to travel back in time dressed like this and scare the **** out of the little me!!! :D

Fantastic story, and pics bro :D

Love you on the bike as the scout, just too cool.

Its so funny to hear your storys, it look like we all go way back.

And are not only into this for a quick look, but have been apart of our personality since childhood...

and i guess for ever! ;)

I was born in Switzerland in 1961 and lived there until 1966, my father worked there.

Now I live in Italy in Bologna (city of the oldest European University)

Way back in 77 exactly December 8 I was struck by Star Wars

so that in 1980 I made a Dart Vader costume which unfortunately do not have the pictures ... so that at a carnival I won a trip to London.

Just had the opportunity I joined the 501st and 2003 are one of the oldest members of the garrison.

I now have a bit of customs from Starwars ... and I am happy that I have accepted here in Mepd

tnx all Sandy brother's

wow! threre is really wonderful child pictures here.

you are so lucky guys to have these, keep them preciously!

in my side i probably have pics of my young age but, in old format and probably in a box in the big attic of my parents!

i really remember pictures with toys (i was a spoiled child :P ) i had many, i loved particulary the masters of the universe, i was i big fan.

star wars was for me my favourites movie with willow and the goonies, but not really memories of a costume about that.

tkdueuno you young biker scout scratch build suit is just awesome!!!!!

Posted Image

Whoa!!! This could be ME!

I'm serious... we looked a LOT a like at that age!

I was born June of 1972... so by Star Wars time I was 5 years old. Me and my younger brother weren't allowed to go see it when my older brothers went with my dad, but the moment they got home they told me all about it!

The first time I saw ANH was, as far as I remember, on HBO. We recorded it and watched it over and over and over and over again.

I have a lot of the same story as everyone else. Made costumes, etc., etc.

My first stormtrooper costume was made with long thermal underwear and black electrical tape. We wrapped the tape around our elbows and knees to mimic what the action figure's "black lines" looked like. It was pretty good for what it was.

I have a few movies from my childhood here...

Great stories guys!

Posted Image

I was 10 years old when ANH came out. My Dad took us to see it. All my schoolwork had Corsairs and Zeroes battling it out in the corners and back of the pages, after Star Wars it was X-wings and Ties. :lol:

I somehow managed to con my mother into taking me to see ANH every other Saturday for the next few weeks while it was out. That's me and my bro making sure Vader doesn't get our dad.

Here's a pic of me sporting my ESB Luke Skywalker shirt (courtesy of my mom) and my brother's Han Solo blaster (which is now in my shed).

I was 9 in this picture so it was 1981.

Posted Image

Hey,troopers-this thread was a great idea,lots of good stories you guys have to share.I have no pictures but I was born in 1965.I had picked up the Marvel Comics version of Star Wars (which came out a little bit before the movie-I still have this comic)and my brother took me to see it in Nassau County(Hempstead) to see it on Friday night(opening night.)There was a line around the theatre and the next showing was sold out.We were looking at a 2 hour wait.In the rain.My brother asked me if I wanted to wait to see the next show or leave.This was the only area theatre showing this movie.I voted to wait.I liked the movie so much I paid to see it 13 more times during its original release.I waited to see ESB and the same with ROTJ.A couple of years ago I started to see guys in really cool stormtrooper outfits at Comic cons.I wanted to do that-little did I know that you could make people smile and be photographed by complete strangers and meet some nice people with common interests,etc.A couple of months ago I trooped the SW concert in my TD a few blocks away from where the theatre was that started this strange trip of mine.

MEPD rules,Dave

Here's a pic of me sporting my ESB Luke Skywalker shirt (courtesy of my mom) and my brother's Han Solo blaster (which is now in my shed).

I was 9 in this picture so it was 1981.

Posted Image

Cool shot Luke Skywalker... aahemm i mean Nol :)

Love that you got the small vintage kenner figures on the table too.

I was a fan too, got about 50% of the figures, and the most important ships, like Darth V Tie fighter, Tie fighter, X-wing, falcon etc... Those was the days ;)

I must've been around 6/ 7 years old when I saw ANH for the first time..born in good ol '72.

Then I already knew it..I wanted to be one of those dirty guys or one of those clean fellows when I was grown up.

I have collected a lot of the old kenner toys but sold them or even worse lost or misplaced them in that period but sadly no pics..

When I got around 30 it all came back to me and I thought this would be a great time to pick up my ambitions of becoming a TD or a TK.. so I started to wander around the internet looking for costumes..

Then eventually a few years ago I contacted Rolf and the rest is history..

:dance::dance::dance::peace:

I must've been around 6/ 7 years old when I saw ANH for the first time..born in good ol '72.

Then I already knew it..I wanted to be one of those dirty guys or one of those clean fellows when I was grown up.

I have collected a lot of the old kenner toys but sold them or even worse lost or misplaced them in that period but sadly no pics..

When I got around 30 it all came back to me and I thought this would be a great time to pick up my ambitions of becoming a TD or a TK.. so I started to wander around the internet looking for costumes..

Then eventually a few years ago I contacted Rolf and the rest is history..

:dance::dance::dance::peace:

Yeah, i gave you all my sandy knowledge over a year or two.

Plus all links, ref sites, pics etc...

Your mind was all ready dirty for going TD, but i guess i made it even more dirty after all the schooling MMmmuuhhaa :D

Yeah, i gave you all my sandy knowledge over a year or two.

Plus all links, ref sites, pics etc...

Your mind was all ready dirty for going TD, but i guess i made it even more dirty after all the schooling MMmmuuhhaa :D

I love it when you talk dirty.... :lol: