Odds ‘n Ends WIP pics from Omaha

Omaha Joe

Hey all, I’m a little late to the party, but lately I’ve been busying myself with an RS Sandtrooper build...  New to this forum and relatively new to trooper builds, I just wanted to throw some WIP pics into the mix...  This weekend I’m planning on taking my submission photos for  501st basic membership (as I don’t yet have my pack)...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

just a little bit of an Odds ‘n Ends update...  setting my sights for MEPD Police Officer soon and still have plenty yet to do, but this piece has been my WIP focus over the last couple months...

50791360396_786752575a_b.jpg50791360391_c584a5c892_b.jpg50791473982_936f97bbde_b.jpg50791474027_c8f553e26d_b.jpg50791474047_49a516aa88_b.jpg50791474037_fbc2245b20_b.jpg

• Like 1

Your Backpack-built is great!

One thing: I would do something on the radio to make it even more precise. The radio itself is an absolute eye-catcher. But pay attention to the leather edging and details such as the antenna, bracket and sockets

What color of blue you use?

• Like 1

Thank you!!  yep, definitely going to add the leather surround to the radio as well as add the antenna and the mic and earphone jacks :thumbsup:

and my ‘canteen’ should be here any minute, too...  literally out for delivery at the moment

in the meantime I’ve already hit the radio face, the mortar tube, and frame with a little weathering...

50792349627_c1a8d8ab7e_b.jpg

I went back and forth with the color decision, but the blue I ended up using was Rustoleum Slate Blue...  in certain light it’s more grey and in others more blue, but the weathering neutralizes it somewhat, again depending on the light source

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

...antenna, ear phone and mic jacks are on their way and will be here shortly to finish the radio, but in the meantime I found a decent display mannequin :duim:

This will eventually display my TIE Pilot, but until that’s ready I figured this is better than keeping my Sandy all cooped up in a crate..!

50826978598_6cc311335d_b.jpg50826978608_53c43115ff_b.jpg

• Like 1