New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hello, my name is Nick. I am a avid scale model builder. Right now I am working on a Anovos TK kit that I want to make in a TD now.  Was going to make it in to a ESB EIB or Centurion but, this seems right down my alley due to some abs not matching properly with the Anovo’s milky white color. So my modeling skills are leaning me to the “dirty side!” 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the sandbox James! 

Plenty of knowledge to be found here to reach that goal.

Just ask and read the topics of interest for you on the boards.

Good luck and cheers bro'!

Hello my name is Broden (TD-66873) I’ve been an official member since the 5th December. My Sandtrooper is my first and only costume approved by the 501st (so far!) My local garrison is Alpine Garrison and I’m really excited to get to know all of you; A574C8DF-C61B-4472-9D62-3A69456A56D1.thumb.jpeg.0e9b9ae2cc78e129d188d855fd38d327.jpegSo here’s to meeting new people!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from Escondido, Ca. My name is Dennis. I have wanted to join the 501st for a few years now but never took the plunge. I have always enjoyed the Star Wars films and try to watch them whenever possible. My wife has urged me to take the plunge and get started on a costume. I am looking at starting with a Sand Trooper. I was looking at getting a full set from RS propmasters. I am open to any and all suggestions as I have never had or made a costume before.

Greetings from Escondido, Ca. My name is Dennis. I have wanted to join the 501st for a few years now but never took the plunge. I have always enjoyed the Star Wars films and try to watch them whenever possible. My wife has urged me to take the plunge and get started on a costume. I am looking at starting with a Sand Trooper. I was looking at getting a full set from RS propmasters. I am open to any and all suggestions as I have never had or made a costume before.
Hey brother, Im in the same situation as you, but maybe your don't have a 501st legionnaires taking your almost by the hand through the right path as i have.

I gonna tell you my plan so far...

As you, im gonna be a sandtrooper, i bought my armor to troopermaster, very nice guy, you cam contact him via his facebook page, TM armors are one of the most screen accurate armors you can buy, is a fan sculp, but, is one if the most respected among the 501st, right now he has a little problem with his abs supply but we hope it will be solve soon

RS armors are as well very respected armors, you can't go wrong with them, i did not choose them because it seems that TM armors though are a fan sculp, surprisingly, people says is a touch more screen accurate, specially for ANH; and i found out that the armor that RS used to produce theirs armors had 2 right arms, they had to sculp the left arms and sometimes it looks weird, maybe they already fixed this.

Anyway, read in the FISD forum the thread about where to buy and where not to buy armors to be fully aware of your options.

I highly recommend you that if you are gonna go with a new expensive high estimated armor for the community, aim from the very beginning to take it to level 3 (swat), think and do everything aiming to swat level, that's what im doing, that is what a 502st member recommend me.

Think about everything you will need in order to get there (level 3), the handguards, weathering, weapon, belt, the backpack, everything you buy has to be level 3 approvable, or at least potentially approvable, because for example, to get to police officer, you will need a screen accurate backpack and the weapon will be evaluated as well, the handguards needs to be latex or latex like material mot plastic, so choose wisely bro.

In level 3, you will have to choose a sandtrooper from the movie and emulate him as best as possible, in EVERYTHING, including weathering.

In the MEPD forum you can find everything you could possibly need to know about sandtroopers armors, and if not, ask, somenone will answer you.

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Greetings everyone, my name is Brian and I just joined as a cadet, still researching where to get my armor from. I live in Northeast Ohio, so I will be part of the Ohio Garrison. So far I’m leaning toward RS, but open to others. The sandtrooper has always been to me the most “bad ***” of all!  Can I say that?  This seems like a great group of people with tons of knowledge. Great to be here. 

Yes you're right, there is a lot o people with a massive amount of knowledge.

Armors, well, There is RS, ATA, AM, TM, AP, and others, read the post "where to buy" and " where not to buy"

In the FISD are more threads about building than the MEPD, But, naturally when going sandie, the MEPD is the best place.

This is the way, welcome

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I have checked out that post in FISD about who to buy from and who to avoid, which was very helpful and I use constantly as reference. I am in contact with several of them, leaning towards RS so far.  I’ll keep you posted on who I go with. Love your last statement. Go Mando!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TangoKilo said:

Greetings all, my name is Ethan. I've been working on an AP ANH stunt for just over five years (life keeps interfering). Just recently made the decision to make it dirty.

Welcome to the MEPD. I did a sandy with an AP kit. I love it. Dirty is awesome!  I highly recommend it. 

7 hours ago, TangoKilo said:

Greetings all, my name is Ethan. I've been working on an AP ANH stunt for just over five years (life keeps interfering). Just recently made the decision to make it dirty.

Welcome to the sandbox Ethan!

My 1st armor ever was an AP and getting it dirty is just bringing it to another level of fun. Enjoy your stay and your trip to the dirty side :)

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings!!

I am Scott Moss. I have been in the legion since 2017. I have 8 approved Legion costumes (Stormtrooper, Shadowtrooper, Sandtrooper, Darth Revan, Dengar, ANH Pilot (Reserve and Bridge Crew)). I am very active in trooping as I have 300 plus troops under my belt in the three years in the Legion (100 plus in TK and TX). I am a GML for Bloodfin Garrison and part of the command staff for the Spec Ops Detachment. I am also part of the Rebel Legion (Generic Jedi) and The Dark Empire (Revan and Dengar) and the leader of our local Spire. 

Needless to say you can say I am fully vested in Star Wars costuming, The Legion and trooping.  Hello fellow troopers and nice to met you!!

SMoss

12 hours ago, scottdm62 said:

Greetings!!

I am Scott Moss. I have been in the legion since 2017. I have 8 approved Legion costumes (Stormtrooper, Shadowtrooper, Sandtrooper, Darth Revan, Dengar, ANH Pilot (Reserve and Bridge Crew)). I am very active in trooping as I have 300 plus troops under my belt in the three years in the Legion (100 plus in TK and TX). I am a GML for Bloodfin Garrison and part of the command staff for the Spec Ops Detachment. I am also part of the Rebel Legion (Generic Jedi) and The Dark Empire (Revan and Dengar) and the leader of our local Spire. 

Needless to say you can say I am fully vested in Star Wars costuming, The Legion and trooping.  Hello fellow troopers and nice to met you!!

SMoss

Not busy at all then ! :whistling:

Welcome Scott

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scottdm62 said:

Greetings!!

SMoss

Welcome brother!  You are as busy as I am this year!  

• Like 1

Hello all. I am TK4965/Shutter of the FL Garrison. I have been a member of the Legion since 2011 and have decided to convert an old TK into a TD. I look forward to joining the ranks of the MEPD and would love any advice or links to other forums concerning this conversion. Thank you in advanced and long live the Empire.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Greetings! I hope you're all doing well, taking care of yourselves and your families. Hang in there! We'll all get through this together.

I just wanted to say Hello and wish you all well. I recently finished my TD build and have been 501st approved. Happy to join the ranks of FISD and MEPD.

Be Good. Be Safe. Stay Healthy.

tNIH6hZ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1