*ACTIVATED* TD-5884 / NICK.BLACK / SWAT OFFICER # 011

nick.black

Name: Nick Black

Legion ID #: TD-5884

Forum Name: nickblack423

Garrison: UK Garrison

Trooper Emulated: "Stop That Ship" Captain - Docking Bay 94 "Garinden"

Member must currently be deployed as an MEPD Police Officer to be considered. - yes

Weathering must be appropriate to screen used armor. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed. - you guys be the judge but I think so Yes.

Pack, pauldron, and weapon combinations must match a specific trooper a seen on screen. - yes

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Note the joker grin and only 3 teeth cut out either side.

Posted Image

Markings on helmet to match this trooper, plus pauldron weathered the same.

Posted Image

Screws on return edges

Posted Image

Pouches

Posted Image

T-21

Posted Image

Rubber gloves and latex hand guards

Posted Image

Posted Image

Proper Hovi mics to match this helmet

Posted Image

TKBoots

Posted Image

Pauldron (shoulderpauldrons.com)

Posted Image

Canvas shoulder straps

Posted Image

Belt trimming

Posted Image

Brads and snaps

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Knee ammo belt

Posted Image

If there is anything else you need then please feel free to get back to me.

Nick

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking really good bro!

I will be reviewing your pictures and comparing to the screen TD this week. Please, hang in there for me, cause I do take this SWAT evaluations seriously and might take more than just a couple days.

If I found anything that shoukd be addressed I will let you know inmediatky so you dont have to wait till the end to begging doing any upgrades needed...

Also, if the SWAT team members can post their comments it would be helpful.

:)

Good job bro!

Saludos.

great job Nick! thanks for the spreadsheet. hope you don't mind me bugging you once my armor comes in May. you did an awsome job.

No probs mate, glad I can be of help, and please feel free to bug me all you want.

Looking really good bro!

I will be reviewing your pictures and comparing to the screen TD this week. Please, hang in there for me, cause I do take this SWAT evaluations seriously and might take more than just a couple days.

If I found anything that shoukd be addressed I will let you know inmediatky so you dont have to wait till the end to begging doing any upgrades needed...

Also, if the SWAT team members can post their comments it would be helpful.

Good job bro!

Saludos.

Juan,

Absolutely no worries, there is no rush on this. I just wanted to get it in at least.

Cheers and look forward to your comments

Nick

This looks great man!!!!

I see some MINOR things that I COULD bring up... but we're talking about NIT PICKING... and I don't want people to do that to mine when I do it, so I'm not gonna do it. Only reason I notice what I notice is because I've been doing the same trooper. :P

But you've got it as good as I'm hoping to get it for sure!!

Well, I think it looks pretty good, but since I am so particular about my Pauldrons. LOL

I can only see one thing with that part of it. Not because it isnt one of mine either. LOL

The segments are puffy as they are supposed to be, but the orange segment is not. It appears to be just flat. I know this is nit picking as Bluey says, but Hey, this is SWAT we are talking about. LOL

We are supposed to nit pick. Muuahhhhaaa haaaa This is supposed to appear to have just walked off of the screen.

Best of luck with the deployement. Will see you in the team soon enough I am sure.

forgot to add this image before. Green lenses and no mesh behind 6 teeth frown. This top shot is how my helmet currently stands

Posted Image

Better shot of the lense before I removed the mesh and filled the teeth in

Posted Image

Nick

OK here we go, I have managed to get some photoshop time in, and here are comparison images with my build alongside the trooper I am aiming for from the film. Please note that rough edges and such are a consequence of photoshopping and also I could not always match the exact lighting aspects to the screenshot.

Front view walking down the alleyway approaching Docking Bay 94. Things to note here are the 2 different colour slings (tan and khaki) the smears on the front of the chest plate, Wire detail on T-21 sight and 6 hole frown.

Posted Image

Next is the side view talking to Garinden outside DB94. Please note the scuff and crack simulated on the helmet, jocker grin on frown, sticker round mark on pauldron, white dust weathering on pauldron, and wire loop on T-21

Posted Image

Last is a back view as the squad prepare to assault the Millenuim Falcon in Docking Bay 94. Not much of note here, except I tried to match the subdued weathering, and please again note the white dust weathering on the rear edge of the pauldron.

Posted Image

Hope you enjoy

Nick

looking good nick....so glad i was able to be of assistance for your deployment,and swat detailing from the start mate ..... shouldnt take long for SWAT ,just listen to the guys advice,and ,youll be there in no time buddy! i'll be following this post nick :0) best wishes, dave :0)

Thanks Dave that means alot and thank you to everyone who has helped me. Even those who have not directly helped but upon whose tutorials and build threads I have relied upon I say a huge thank you to you all, and only hope that I can contribute back in the same way for others.

Nick

youve done real good nick ! :0) ... shame i wont be going to MEM ....would have been cool to meet you buddy but, hang out with my very good friend,and sandie bro DAVE MARSDEN.... he'll look after ya mate! hope to troop with you soon :0)

• 2 weeks later...

Man, those comparison shots are gold!

Overall, I can see you have done a great job... Very cool ANH look.

Congrats on that bro!

There are two things I have seen so far:

1. The pauldron indeed is a bit flat on the orange part. You can see that on your back comparison shot.

I guess you could add some foam on the inside. I know this is major surgery on the pauldron, but as Jay said, this is SWAT.

2. the Weathering... patterns look great, specially the helmet details... but I do think you still need a base layer. There are a few spots where you can see clearly on the comparison shots that you are missing a layer to make the armor look more uniform. It could be that the camera flash is hiding it, or it could be missing.

Specially see the back of the helmet, the right hand thigh, and the chest plate.

I can make some photoshop images to point it better in case you need it, but I hope you get the idea.

I will be checking some other details tomorrow on trimming and build (its 2:30am), but so far so good!

What do you think bro?

:D

Saludos.

Juan,

Thanks for taking a look at this, I know your time is precious these days.

I can tell you that I do not have the expertise or tools to start taking apart my pauldron and trying to put extra padding in, and at present I do not the surplus money to purchase one of Jay's, so if this is a problem then I will hit a brick wall with this SWAT request.

The weathering is not too much of a problem. Are you saying it needs another once over to make it look more weathered in all areas?

Nick

Nick, brother helping brother. If you will pay shipping, I will fix your pauldron. Just send me a pm and I will get you fixed up. Well, shoot, forget that, shipping would be almost as much as a new one. I will however fix it if you want though.

Jay that is an amazing offer, thank you so much and if you lived in Europe it might have been doable, however I will have to just see what Juan thinks.

Gutted because I felt I had done everything else as accurately as I could too.

Nick

Best of luck Nick, just remember, dont give up. Just keep tweeking!!!!

Something else. Remember this. Juan has to be as specific as possible, because if he gives in an inch too one, then another inch too someone else, before long it will be a foot, and then no need to have a SWAT, because their wont be anything left to be specific about.

I have always seen SWAT as like special forces units. Navy Seals to be one. Out of 100 that try, only 10 finish. Thats not because it is impossible, just that you have to accomplish certain things to attain that goal.

Like I said keep, tweeking, you can get their!! :thumbsup:

Nick, here is a deeper reference for what is needed regarding weathering...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this for the bfg.

Posted Image

Hope this helps...

I am still reviweing. :)

And about the pauldron, would it be too dificult to take it to a shoe repair shop and ask the, to open it, put some foam inside (maybe even provided by you) and sticth it back together? In mexico that would not be more than 25USD I guess. Just an idea...

Saludos.

Juan

Juan,

Many thanks for your comments and pictures, they are very helpful. I have already had a play with the weathering but I can't do any more photos until my first troop at the weekend, when I will hopefully be able to get some good shots for you for this clearance.

The T-21 brush I can work on, that is no issue.

Regarding the pauldron, I will make some enquiries and see if there is anywhere that could do a job on it.

Thanks again

Nick