My TE2 Bucket

FIVE

Hey guys... well, finished basic assembly of my TE2 tonight.

Man... I am impressed! Not with myself mind you, but just with the "ready-to-go" accuracy of this thing! I mean I followed the "Move Along TE2 Build" by TK-4510 (thanks again man) and all. This bucket is beautiful!!! I mean it's like I have a real screen used bucket sitting in my office. Crazy fun. :D

So... here's a pic of it... and you can also look at all my pics on facebook and here on my web site.

Let me know what ya think! :)

Posted Image

IMAGE UPDATED - FEB 23rd

Hey guys... a couple of questions.

1) Do the eyes look good to you, or do you think I need to trim them out a bit more? I was erring on the side of leaving a bit too much rather than wishing I'd left more... but don't know now where I'm at. B)

2) What's the general consensus on smoothing out the bumpy-cap? Is that something everyone does... or just something that's done for Davin Felth and not for "Move Along"... or... is it preference?

I wasn't planning on smoothing it out at all — I love the bumpiness in fact — but then I saw Ghost's Felth build thread and wondered if it was a "should do" thing... because if it is I'll to it!

Thanks!

Nol,

The buckets really looking great. If I could suggest some things... Yes the eyes need to be trimmed out more I think. Also the cap looks a bit high. Did you trim the cap to the brow line? Can you take some pics from about 5 feet back and zoomed in showing the sides and front?

For authenticity, paints the way to go, BUT my decals look painted sooooo.... :). If you do use my decals remember that the tube stripes go on like this

\ /

\ /

\ /

\ /

\ /

I notice that some people have been putting them on like this....

/ \

/ \

/ \

/ \

/ \

They come on the sheet opposite of how they were meant to go on!! My mistake. Did that make any sense??

Lookin good so far!

The buckets really looking great. If I could suggest some things... Yes the eyes need to be trimmed out more I think. Also the cap looks a bit high. Did you trim the cap to the brow line? Can you take some pics from about 5 feet back and zoomed in showing the sides and front?

Thanks man!

Yes, I'll trim the eyes a bit more. T suggested it too.

And I think the brow looks a bit high in that pic... it doesn't look nearly that high "in person". I will take some pics like you suggested — tomorrow? — and post them.

I will probably paint... but man your decals are so amazing looking and the idea of getting it "perfect" the first time is a nice thought... i.e. tube stripes = so much easier! haha

Thanks again! Look forward to hearing other input... especially after I put more pics.

Here's the 3 pics you asked for.

I couldn't wait till tomorrow to take them... B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(links in case the images don't load in the forums... sometimes that happens on the first load...)

http://td8541.imperial-web.com/uploads/2009/02/100_2338.jpg

http://td8541.imperial-web.com/uploads/2009/02/100_2342.jpg

http://td8541.imperial-web.com/uploads/2009/02/100_2343.jpg

For authenticity, paints the way to go, BUT my decals look painted sooooo.... :). If you do use my decals remember that the tube stripes go on like this

\ /

\ /

\ /

\ /

\ /

I notice that some people have been putting them on like this....

/ \

/ \

/ \

/ \

/ \

They come on the sheet opposite of how they were meant to go on!! My mistake. Did that make any sense??

Lookin good so far!

Dangnabit...

I've been putting on your decals on my helmets like this:

+ +

^ ^

+ +

+ +

~ ~

^ ^

V V

V V

+ +

(heehee)

T :salute:

Looking great Nol...

Im not assembling expert or anything so I guess I would just advice you to follow Mike's advice. LOL!

Your bucket looks great...

And I will also advice to use Mike's decals if you are looking for an easier great solution for handpainted look. They are amazing and look just perfect.

Saludos!

Looking good so far :duim:

It's worth trying to paint the lid and if you are not happy, you could cover them with decals. I have only fully painted one lid to date, and with the correct brushes was happy with the results. As it's a TD, you don't have to worry about putting black lines on the grey areas. It's the tubestripes that are the tricky part!!

Looking forward to seeing it progress...keep the pics coming :D

• 4 months later...

I started painting my TE2 bucket last night. I’m using Rust-oleum high performance enamel. It is fantastic to use, but you MUST follow the directions! Specifically the tempature and humidity of where you’re painting… as well as the time between coats (which should be 5 minutes — 10 max).

I tried using this on my MRCE to begin with and gave up because I didnÂ’t pay any attention to the instructions and waited an hour, or more, between coats. It was a disaster. I gave up and thought the paint was horrible. It wasnÂ’t the paint, it was the way I was doing it.

So, follow the directions and you should be very happy! Plus, itÂ’s a really quick process to get it painted. It cures for a WEEK, but getting it painted is less than an hour.

Here’s the only two pictures I have so far… I snapped these with my iPhone last night while painting. These are of the 2nd to the last coat. I’ll upload more soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

looking good!! Trim the eyes out a bit more when you get around to it :)

Seriously? I had trimmed them out more already. Is it the conscenous that they need to be trimmed more still? I'm just afraid of doing too much. And can you trim them after the paint has cured without cracking? Are there those among you who think they're good "as is?". :)

Looks good man but I agree with him, I would trim the eyes out a bit more, just to remove the "flash" around the edges.

Arrghhh. :P

Okay... I try trimming them more when it's dry.

Should be be OK to trim after its dry. You did primer right?

The parts of the eyes that need trimming are the insides or centers by (over the nose..) and the outside edges toward the rears. Just take the lip off where the plastic starts to curve in. Use a number 2 exacto knife and just go slow.

Mike