backpack straps

silverboyd

I used straps from a black rucksack and rivetted them onto the top support. Not the best pics but you get the idea.

Posted Image

Then I looped the bottom of the webbing around the uprights below the lower support bar for my bottom seed trays and then rivetted it onto itself to keep the loop. I then wrapped duck tape around everything for added strength in case the rivets came off.

Hope this helps

Nick

I have accurate vintage boy scout frame on my back pack.

There are holes in the frame in the top, and on each side.

I just add wide and strong black elastics in the top and each side, and add them there whit the black plastic hand cuffs.

Works really great, and you can move good whit the pack on while trooping :thumbsup:

Posted Image

You could always cut a slot in the frame pipe using a dremel, and then slide the strap through before rivetting it to itself, probably best to glue it with E6000 first for extra hold too.

Should do the trick

Nick

This is an interesting subject. I tried the chest strap today on a troop, and have to redo. It worked great in taking pressure off shoulders, but raised things enough to not allow helmet to fit correctly. I think I will go with the padded straps myself and see how they work.

This is an interesting subject. I tried the chest strap today on a troop, and have to redo. It worked great in taking pressure off shoulders, but raised things enough to not allow helmet to fit correctly. I think I will go with the padded straps myself and see how they work.

Hey Jay, did you try loosing the straps a bit. Mine, when not wearing the chest strap, make the pack sit quiet low. Even lower than normally desired, but once the chest strap is on, it makes the pack sit in place and it is very comfortable too.

Just a matter of trial and error, as with almost any fitting process for armor I guess.

Keep us posted on your findings.

Saludos.