Need help with thighs

PatrickW1074

Hello,

I am sure many have had this same problem and maybe figured it out on their own, but have yet to do so. I have glued double snaps into the upper front portion of my thigh piece and then attached them to a belt like a garter kind of set up. Well, the problem I am having is that the belt sags and the thigh pieces slide down no matter how tight i make the belt. If there is a remedy for this I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I have read where some have used velcro for attaching their armor together. Does velcro work better in this case? If someone could please help me in figuring this out, I would be greatly appreciative. :6:

Thanks in advance

Patrick

I don't know what type of garter set-up you have but MightyTank on the F.I.S.D. boards sells a garter belt that has adjustable garters that works excellent, they stay put and is comfortable. Hope this helps!

Thanks to all who responded. I read somewhere that Dirty Boy uses velcro for hooking his armor together. I sent him a PM and just waiting for a reply. I am so close to doing the first fit!!!! I have a ton of industrial velcro, but I am not sure on where to attach it so it does the job. The garter I made called for elastic which is what I used. Also I have tried to contact Mighty Tank twice and I have not heard a word in over a month. At any rate the frustration continues. Thanks again!!!

Patrick

I'm a big fan of snaps instead velcro and have a similar setup.

Posted Image

I ended up replacing the belt portion with a non-elastic webbing belt, which helped with the sagging. The Vs are wide elastic. I have to cinch the belt pretty tight to get it to stay in place.

Hey Dirty Boy,

That's ok. Can you send me a pic or something to give me an idea how to do the velcro? I have just about given up on the snap system. I even have most of the snap plates glued on just need to make the straps. Where do you attach your velcro to hold your thigh armor up? The back and kidney plate i can figure out. but the rest I am getting kind of lost. Thanks for getting back with me.

Patrick

Simple - put suspenders on the belt.

That's what I was about to say...

SURE... make me read the WHOLE thread then jump in at the LAST minute and say EXACTLY what I was gonna say... *sigh*

:lol: :lol:

I'm a big fan of snaps instead velcro and have a similar setup.

Posted Image

I ended up replacing the belt portion with a non-elastic webbing belt, which helped with the sagging. The Vs are wide elastic. I have to cinch the belt pretty tight to get it to stay in place.

Yeah, I use snaps as well, but I use 3" elastic for the belt, and 2.5" velcro to close it with. You can really wrap it tight, and get no sag with it. Close in front and spin it to the back.

Seems to work well. I have fitted 6 brothers with it, and is working great!!!

Yeah, Dirty Boy advised me to use the nylon and velcro. Basically wrapping the velcro from one end of the nylon. I followed his direction and bigolly it works!!! (Thanks again Dirty Boy) I have decided to do like Dirty Boy has done and go all industrial velcro for my complete build. Many thanks to all who responded.

Patrick