Canon vs trooping

Beren

I realize that there's often a difference between what is built for MEPD/SWAT and what is actually worn for trooping.

For example, the rubber gloves are often substituted for Nomex gloves due to heat.

I've noticed too that my neck seal interferes with the comfort and fit of my helmet. Do most people wear it trooping? What other alterations and modifications are commonly done to make trooping more tolerable?

I guess Jay meant that if making the head hole wider, would need a longer seal cause there would be more lenght to cover... And, making that (bigger hole) would actually help fitting the head with neckseal on neck.

;)

Btw, have a similar issue sometimes, I just tuck the neck seal inside the bucket when ever that happens.

Saludos.

I guess Jay meant that if making the head hole wider, would need a longer seal cause there would be more lenght to cover... And, making that (bigger hole) would actually help fitting the head with neckseal on neck.

;)

Btw, have a similar issue sometimes, I just tuck the neck seal inside the bucket when ever that happens.

Saludos.

Hey correct, if you increase diameter he will need a longer rubber seal.

Lol!!!

I thoght John meant neck trim, and then, I meant neck trim and wrote neck seal...

Anyway, the idea is all the same.

Bigger neck seal might be too bulky for some helmet sizes deppending on how it is put together (has happenede to me). Bigger hole for head, will need more trim.

So, no clarification was needed in the first, but then I needed to clarify my clarification.

****! My English is not that good on weekends! ;)

Saludos.

Juan

Turns out it's not the neck trim that's interfering after all. Just tried it on again and believe it's just my pauldron pushing up on my helmet. With some effort, it fits fine, but getting back to original question...it gets hot in there! Do you guys wear the neck trim to troop???

Yeah!

I wear my whole Canon configuration for troops, including rubber gloves and neck seal.

I like to look accurate.

I guess, you can change some stuff like rubber for nomex, and maybe troop with a blaster instead of a BFG, and even not wear the pack... but, we all work very hard to achieve a certain look that will set us apart from other troopers, so, I guess most of us like to wear the full suit for troops.

If heat is an issue, drink lots of liquids and stay aware of your body temperature to avoid a heat rush.

Anyway you go, I would not lose the neck seal, as it is a very important part of your personification, the moment you flash a bit of skin, the moment people (specially kids) will start loosing their fantasy.

:)

Saludos

You could always wear a balaclava mate, to hide your skin, but like Juan says, I think part of the fun is trying to play the part accurately too. Having not had my first troop yet (its on 31st March) I will have to see what setup suits me best when I get there.

Nick

it all really depends on your level of commitment....lol....some troops you can basically do as desired....other troops require strict movie accuracy. (mainly LFL events) I would talk with your CO to find out what requirements they may or may not have and then make the decisions based on that. We provide a great illusion and most people wouldnt notice not wearing a neck seal or something like that. i know Ive personally not worn my field pack to mall events or on extremely hot days. However parades and events were media is involved Id deal with the extra gear :)

The only thing I've deviated on is using flight gloves over rubber ones. Never tried to troop w/o a neck seal and actually have had mine sewn in to my underarmor, so it's a bit impossbile to do and never had a problem.

I have had problems with some pauldrons pushing up to the helmet though. That is solved with shaping the paudron to fit me better, and for one of my garrison mates also a square or two of velcro to help keep it in place.