Recruiting...

TD7606

Hi guys, I posted this same topic in the Legion´s Forum, but I want to hear opinnions from you guys

The situation is this, my outpost has only 19 members, many of them are in one city (the mayority) but there are more like my that we are the only ones in our cities, so what can I do (or others like me), we have no group mettings, and in Mexico is not that commun the charity events unless you do it by yourself, or is a goberment or church event...

So the cuestion is what can I do in order to recruit ???

I have been told to this moment that trooping in events, to have bussines cards with my outpost info, or approved panflets or even tshirts (I`m working in one in fact)

any suggestions for a stand alone trooper?

i would think fliers are an awesome idea to start. maybe contact organizations within the community that do chairty work and see if they would have you at their fundraiser/event/ or what have you. its always worth a shot, besides, who can resist stormtroopers?

One idea we toyed with is having an outdoor photo shoot when the weather turns nice. Cloud City Squad (now Garrison) did this and the shots are fantastic. Then when people ask what you're doing you can tell them.

Yeah I just made some this past weekend. Some of the guys in my Garrison came up with a template in Photoshop and converted to Word and I just picked up some of the Avery business cards templates and printed them out and "cracked" them apart. A pack of sheets was about $16 for 160 cards. The turned out great.

i know im abit off topic, but lately, ive been having trouble trying to acquire ANY sort of costume due to the extreme prohibitum of the price$ of the Prop Peice$ and armor$ ...... and the fact that fishing for a job is luckless thus far

therefore im rather forced to try to scrounge up a tusken costume....

so far ive shopped around and found most everything i need for generally under $100 for each pop (i dont wanna bother to add up the overall total )

i have most of the first sand robe made and all of the bandages all stripped out, with a plastic stunt version of a gaffi (light and strong, with no pointy ends) and i have the mask detail parts ready to go, now all i need are the gloves, boots, and mask base in order to finish the costume

on the upside of all this, you guys get to mess around with a tusken on your breaks :P

see you all later

- Roskk/ xeroroskk (eventual ect ect)

extreme prohibitum of the price$ of the Prop Peice$ and armor$

You might want to put up a list of things you're willing to trade for. Some of us have $$ but no time, and trading skills for $$ or stuff can be fruitful.

Example: on CT.Net I traded a DC-17p to a guy in exchange for him making holsters for me.

Example 2: I need a kama for my Bly but have no sewing abilities. But I do have extra ammo pouches lying around, and some TD decals. Another good trade opportunity.

My $.02...ymmv.

ON TOPIC: thanks for the ideas of doing biz cards ourselves. I'll have to hook up with someone for a template, but think it's a great way to save some $$ on a small run.