Feedback wanted for new armor build [AP*]

Beren

Here are several pictures of my recent build… this is my first build and I am planning to begin weathering next. Before I move on, I would appreciate any feedback you all could offer before I submit this to the 501st and ultimately join my future brotherhood on the MEPD. (I think the butt plate is sitting too low and the right shin is over-rotated... should be easy enough to correct before submission though).

I still need to acquire a backpack, install a helmet fan, and replace my handguards with the flexible ones.

This is an AP kit with a DLT-19 from Sci-Fire.

Thanks for your input!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

you wont need flex plates for 501st approval but good to see you're aiming high... and yes fans!!! its very clean!! (i never realised how distracting that is... Is the press stud on the left side to hold your chest plate on?... the solo press stud on the right is cannon...

Looks Great !!!

You don't need a pack to get 501st approved either. In fact, a little weathering and you'll have a Legion TD # in no time!

This looks great, brother!

Personal preference... I'd remove the side-shims once you get MEPD Officer status (if you go for it.)

I think it looks better / more accurate with a slight gap on the sides as opposed to the closed sides.

That's totally my preference, and the only thing I can see that I'd suggest changing right off.

Great job. Seriously.

If this is your first build and you did it all alone (even if you had help!) it's great and you should be VERY proud!!! :salute:

Bluey whay do you mean by the slight gap over the sides? Can you post some pics?

Bad wording... I changed it.

I mean, I think it looks "more accurate with a slight gap on the sides as opposed to the closed sides."

"over" meant "instead of"

As in, "I like Swiss cheese over American any day." B)

That is some seriously pretty armour. Good job man. How are you holding your thighs on cos the right one looks like it is sliding towards the outside a little and like you said the right shin going inside a little. Can you trim some off the butt plate to make it sit higher, any edges will be hidden under your belt anyway.

Well done

Nick

Josh,

I just used regular ol' Krylon semi-gloss spray paint from Home Depot. I spray painted the inside of the helmet first before even cutting out the eyes & teeth. Just mask the edges to prevent overspray.

Thanks for all of your feedback and encouragement. Just finished weathering yesterday and am in the process of getting my 501st application completed. Here is one photograph of the finished result... the weathering "in person" looks darker than the photograph suggests. It's been a fun project and I look forward to seeing you as a MEPD officer soon!

Posted Image

Weathering always looks different in person! :D

Looks great though!

Can I say I think you need a more form fitting (underarmour?) body-suit?

Other than that pickyness... it's fantastic!

I got 501st clearance last week... TD 9389 reporting for duty.

Here's an updated photo with improved (smaller) undersuit and enhanced weathering. The backpack is under construction.

Posted Image