Pre-Clearance pics (please feel free to critique)

nick.black

Guys and Gals,

That time has come now where my armour is finally complete, weathered and strapped and all just about ready to troop in I feel. Hence I am going to be putting my clearance pics in to my Garrison very soon. In the meantime I wanted to share with you some pictures of the full thing and ask that anyone who wants to pass me any constructive criticism on the armour, especially where it will fail either 501st or MEPD deployed acceptance.

Armour and helmet is ATA. Lets start with the helmet.

Posted Image

Full left side shot

Posted Image

Right side

Posted Image

From the Back

Posted Image

From the front

Posted Image

All decals are hand painted

Posted Image

Ear screws right

Posted Image

Ear screws left

Posted Image

Mic Tips

Posted Image

Interior

Posted Image

And finally the Green lenses.

Posted Image

I have a spreadsheet of the CRL requirements to make sure I dont miss anything, and I think everything should be covered here, please let me know if Ive missed anything.

Also I thought everyone would like to see pictures (I know I do), as I'm quite proud of this, my first ever armour build.

Thanks for looking

Nick

Thank you so much for the kind words it is really nice to hear.

Anyway on with the display and a few of my ancillaries now.

Rubber gloves with Karin's rubber hand plates.

Posted Image

Posted Image

TKBoots

Posted Image

Posted Image

My first E-11 which is full Resin Doopydoos, slightly weathered with a counter and power cylinders.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

My second E-11 is BBC pipe build with Doopydoos resin parts, no counter, and Blastech rubber T-Tracks.

Posted Image

My T-21 which was scratch built following pandatrooper's tutorial and features the correct 2 tone sling.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Backpack, again built using tutorials on this site, some parts scratch built and some from boba at UKG.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you're wondering what the tape on the back is for, its to stop the paint rubbing on my armour.

Posted Image

Pouches

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next, later today I hope to be able to don my armour and get my clearance photos done.

Thanks

Nick

OK so I spent a bit of time this afternoon getting dolled up and here are the results. Some of these shots I have put forward as my clearance shots.

Here is me with just the armour on no pauldron or pack.

Posted Image

With everythign on

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And me as the "Stop that Ship" Captain.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Couple with the weapons

Posted Image

Posted Image

And finally lid off to reveal the real me.

Posted Image

Hope you like. Fingers crossed for me that I get cleared.

Nick

Here are a few pics of some of the details on the armour that will be required for my MEPD deployment.

Thighs and the suspenders holding them on my belt

Posted Image

Curved cut on knee ammo pack and closed rivet on side.

Posted Image

Torso

Posted Image

Snaps under cod piece

Posted Image

Right side snap

Posted Image

Left side 6 brads

Posted Image

Correctly cut belt

Posted Image

Canvas shoulder straps and showing my Icomm and Amp setup.

Posted Image

Correct placement of Sniper knee-pad

Posted Image

Velcro closing on back of shins

Posted Image

Weathered shoulderpauldrons.com pauldron with sticker ring mark.

Posted Image

Hopefully that should be everything, thanks for looking.

Nick

This is probably the best first attempt I have ever seen.

All your gear looks awesome, and so does your armor and all the detailing you did on it.

You should get your TD designation and 501st membership without a single problem...

And everything looks in place for deployment as Police Officer.

It even looks like you have most of the stuff needed for SWAT, although that is a whole other story, so I would not feel comfortable to give you a full review just now. Need to study in depth the pictures and references... One thing I can see... your weathering does have the right kind of patterns, but I am not 100% sure about the texture.

Weathering on 76 had several layers, and a very important one is the base layer in some parts, specially on the chest plate. Most TDs on ANH had a very thin extended base layer all over the chest plate, but that is not easily noticed from the distance. This layer also is present in other parts, depending on the TD.

That you might be missing, can't be sure cause of picture and lens effects... the other thing I am not sure and need to check my references, is the painted or brushed patterns you have in some places.

But don't worry much. Get your TD designation, then deployment and then (or right away over the Hurt Locker if you want to) we can go over every inch of your gear . :)

But you have walked most of the pad already!

Impressive!

Saludos

Juan

This is probably the best first attempt I have ever seen.

It even looks like you have most of the stuff needed for SWAT, although that is a whole other story, so I would not feel comfortable to give you a full review just now. Need to study in depth the pictures and references... One thing I can see... your weathering does have the right kind of patterns, but I am not 100% sure about the texture.

Weathering on 76 had several layers, and a very important one is the base layer in some parts, specially on the chest plate. Most TDs on ANH had a very thin extended base layer all over the chest plate, but that is not easily noticed from the distance. This layer also is present in other parts, depending on the TD.

That you might be missing, can't be sure cause of picture and lens effects... the other thing I am not sure and need to check my references, is the painted or brushed patterns you have in some places.

Juan,

Thank you ever so much for your kind words, I will respond by saying that the level of detail and accuracy I have tried to build into this armour is only down to the level of support and help I have recieved and the lengths that others on this forum have gone to to create tutorials or show their build progress. MEPD is the place to be, it is one of the best online communities I have ever been involved in, with such friendly people who are only too willing to help. I couldnt have got this far without all of you my sandy brothers.

With regard to the weathering. I followed Terry (pandatrooper)'s tutorial for application of a single coat which is multi coloured, i.e the paint isnt fully mixed so there are light and dark spots within. Applied it with a sponge and wiped off with a scrunched up rag using a screwing motion to pick the paint off. Whilst I was doing that I realised that, if this was real and my armour was dirty I would be wiping and scrubbing to get the dirt off, so the pattern I came out with is resembling that. No brushes were used at any point so the brush patterns may be just from wiping excess paint away. I fully intended to try an oily based layer over the top once I go for SWAT.

Thanks for the kind comments again

Nick

Just got the email that the UKG GML has cleared my costume. Just gotta wait for the 501st to give me my ID now. Well excited, this has been 3 years in the making and is so worth it. Nick

Congrats bro!

Let us know when you have your TD id so we can update your forum status to Sandtrooper.

Saludos.