Some questions sandtrooper armor

Hi everyone! My name is David LEFEVRE (Sandsnipe) and i live in Belgium. Actually i'm introducing the south belgian garrison and i'd like to become sandtrooper.

I saw some vidéos from your squad and i'm really very impressioned!

I'd like to know some things please :

- on your left shoulder, you wear a king of leather! How to create this?

- your wear a kind of leather skirt! How to do this (dimensions, form (shape?), model of skirt?....

- I don't have stickers for helmet! How to do this or where to find?

- How to create back pack (which materiels to use to create)....

Thanks for the answers! Sorry if my english is not correct! ;)

May the force be with us!

Hi David, and welcome to the MEPD.

You will find this is the best place for everything you might need to become and enjoy being a TD!

For a few years now, some of the most friendly and cool people have been gathering lots of info, references, and experiences to make the largest Sandtrooper site on the net.

I know at first it might seem like a huge task, but with a little help of everyone here, and a good amount of patience, work and passion, you will no doubt find everything you need to become the best possible Sandtrooper!

So, enjoy the ride and let us know if you need anything...

For a start, here are some answers to your questions:

- on your left shoulder, you wear a king of leather! How to create this?

We normally use WWII ammo pouches or replicas both on the shoulder or on the belt. Most common for the shoulder would be the MP34/40 3 +1 slots canvas pouch. You can find some affordable replicas all over the net. I would recommend you to get the olive green one, or darker green... cause dying it a bit black you can make it look more accurate.

Check it here.

- your wear a kind of leather skirt! How to do this (dimensions, form (shape?), model of skirt?....

We call that a "Pauldron", and it is believed that originally, it was a copy or a replica of a motorcycle chest protector. We use them in 3 colors: orange, black and white. No gray or other colors are considered canon. You can find some options on the web, but if you want the best ones available, contact trooper1 here on the forum. If you rather have another option, let us know.

- I don't have stickers for helmet! How to do this or where to find?

No need for stickers to go accurate, but if you want you can get some very cool hand painted look Sandtrooper decals on trooperbay.com. Anyway, if you rather go the screen accurate way, you should paint them using humbrol paints (for model cars and planes). The right colors are satin black and gray #5 or Testors 1138.

- How to create back pack (which materiels to use to create)....

Here is a great tutorial by Panda Trooper

You can find more over the pack forum.

Hope it helps.

Saludos.

thanks for all guys ;) You're welcome! About the kind of leather skit i mean it's behing your legs! How to do this please?

Sounds like Sandsnipe is talking about the Red Rain Squad of Alabama Garrison. These guys are non canon Lefevre although they are an official 501st non-canon group. If you wish to have a skirt or cape I would imagine that you would not be able to troop with your own Garrison, you will need to check with your Garrison Staff.

Nick

hey lefevre,

i know that "trooperbay.com" does a radio plate to buy an also does a set of most of the main backpack

parts you will need to start you on your way.

but if you were thinking of buying one already made there are people on here that sell "awsome" packs,just

look through the pack tutorials and "for sale" threads,also i can vouch for trooper1 pauldrons,i have one myself and they are brilliant!! hope that helps buddy?

marcus :thumbsup: