Ryss' ATA Build: Female, short, & sandy

Ryss

Having seen the final build in person this weekend at the USS INtrepid, I have to say you did an amazing job. Congratulations. It's a great suit. And, in fact you inspired me to fially go dirty. I'm converting my HWT as soon as I get the parts to swap out. Thanks Ryss. And keep up the great work.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen the final build in person this weekend at the USS INtrepid, I have to say you did an amazing job. Congratulations. It's a great suit. And, in fact you inspired me to fially go dirty. I'm converting my HWT as soon as I get the parts to swap out. Thanks Ryss. And keep up the great work.

Awesome! Dirty is where the fun's at!

And here's the final build, approved in person by our GML:

Posted Image

Ignore the falling-down knee ammo belt. I'm fixing that! There are a couple of other things I want to do--get better-fitting gloves, get smaller ab-to-kidney left side split rivets, get the proper Enfield slings for my T-21, and of course I still have Quartermaster's pack coming my way soon. But otherwise I couldn't be more happy with how it turned out. First troop as a sandtrooper was a complete success, no equipment malfunctions!

Wait a minute that knee ammo belt is...

Ignore the falling-down knee ammo belt. I'm fixing that!

Yes ma'am! Looking AWESOME.

The T-21 doesn't look ridiculously large - is it scaled down slightly or are you not quite as tiny as you've stated? :)

The T-21 doesn't look ridiculously large - is it scaled down slightly or are you not quite as tiny as you've stated? :)

Actually, it's not scaled down at all. I guess I look bigger in armor? :happy: For comparison, here's a photo from Monday's troop at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum. I'm the short TD in the center, surrounded by more average-sized troopers:

Posted Image

Rachel, what you have done there looks really fabulous and you should be credited for making this armour look so good on such a small frame. Well done girl you rock!

Now get down to your local MEPD recruitment office and sign up as soon as possible.

Nick