Concerning voice changers.

Arppegio

I've got one - it's a nice unit. The "deluxe" version comes with a cool trigger that you can run down to one of your fingers. You press it to open and close the mic with a static burst. You can clear your throat, cough, or curse at some kid without broadcasting it . . .

HH

Our garrison has a couple of the RomFX. They are great, the static burst is built in, you can change your voice, the volume you need to talk to make it work and how long of a delay before the burst.

The delux version has 3 buttons for different sounds and you can get software so you can change them.

Also they are ready to go out of the box, comes with the unit speaker and mic. mine also says "TD5422" when you turn it on

im ordering my ROMFX tomw rob~!!!!

i too was torn between the hyperdyne and the romfx. both clips sound great. it just seemed a little less of a hassle to get the romfx with it all the stuff its got.

http://www.romfx.com

but if you have a nice speaker system you are using now and are happy with it, you already have the accessories for the hyperdyne. the romfx is a amp that powers a speaker. so it depends on which way you want to go.

both seem really nice.

phil[/url]

Rom/FX

Board is the amp, uses standard 3.5 mm or 1/8" plug for the speaker. Comes with a speaker but he mentions that you can use any speaker as long as it is compatible IE rated for the watts and ohms.

From His Site:

The ROM/FX board's built in amplifier kicks out 4 watts at 8 ohms from a 9v supply (1 x PP3) or 6 watts at 8 ohms from a 12v supply (8 x AA's). You get an 8 watt/8 ohm speaker supplied with the kit

I am really happy with my PRO unit! As TD5422 says it is very cool when you turn it on and it says your #.

I also like being able to hit a button and have the blaster noise or Imperial march or any other clip you like!

the aerator speakers are really cool, but the downside is that you can never get them loud enough that anyone can hear or understand what you are saying. if youre gonna drop 160+$$ on a voice unit i would say use the speaker he gives you and stick the speaker in one of your pouches. a few of the guys in our garrison did that (put the speaker in their hip pouch) and it sounds great, loud and its concealed. to be honest, like __ <--- that much wire shows. so its really minute.

Holy smokes - both look equally great and after reading both sites it seems they essentially do the same thing. Any disadvantages of either?

Or to put it in a nut, what was the feature/detail that made you choose one over the other?

romfx board is a changer board and an amp. from there its connected to a speaker, whereas the hyperdyne is a fx board but wires to an amp powered speaker. basically the hyperdyne requires more batteries i guess. becuase you have to power the board, as well as the amp/speaker. the romfx you just use two 9 volts and it powers the whole thing.

but essentially yeah they do the same thing. its really up to you.

The reason Iwent with RomFX is it was ready to go as is, Ididn't have to get anything extra (amp+lazy) also, TD1529 went with the pro, it has 3 buttons for sound effects. I think they are probably both incredible products and you can't go wrong with either. It's great that we can get this technology now, so my recomendation is get either, one but doget one and keep all these guys in business

A men keep them in business!

Right now my setup has the unit batteries and mike in my Helmet the wires for the Speaker and extrabuttons runs under my neckseal and then to where I need them.

I am thinking of changing this. I may put everything but the Mic in a pouch then use a headphone mic that stays on when I take my helmet off that way my helmet does not have 4 wires attaching it to my head.

Man I need a higher paying job to keep up with my spending habits, lol.

Then stay away from clones. Stay far, far away. Unless you have a very large amount of either unrestricted free time, or unrestricted cash. Ask me how I know

Man I need a higher paying job to keep up with my spending habits, lol.

Then stay away from clones. Stay far, far away. Unless you have a very large amount of either unrestricted free time, or unrestricted cash. Ask me how I know

Too late. I've already bought a helmet a couple of weeks ago. Really nice looking one too. Just waiting for it to come in the mail.

Fortunately, that's all I've bought. I almost bought some armor but some other things popped up in my way such as hunger and the obligatory bills. So I'll gladly just have to wait a few more months before I go for the clone.

Unless I try making my own. But I don't see that happening in the near future.

After consideration, I have went with the Rom/fx. I like the feature of being able to "talk to activate".

Just an FYI, but the Hyperdyne has the "talk to activate" feature also.

HH

Then I change my stance to:

I went with the Rom/fx for the "ready to use out of the box" accessability.

I just ordered a Rom/FX. Was a tough choice to make, but it seemed more rugged and came with everything.

Thought it does make me very short of cash. Check out the items I have for sale in the For Sale thread!! Lewis Gun kit, MG-15, resin E-11, all avail.

(yeah, shameless of me)

At least in the real army they pay for some of your equipment!

Feeling the pinch as well

Rom/FX

Hyperfirm lewis

If I buy anything else the wife is gonna kill me!

Wonder if she will notice the new pouches when I get them....

if i had a wife... i think i would be dead by now

You got that right for us ex-bachelors! I've been looking at ROM/fx too but in this case restraint is the better part of valor and decided to wait till I've upgraded some other things first before going spendaholic

• 2 weeks later...

Wohoo! Got my Rom/FX in today. Tested it out and man it's great. Just need to figure out how I'm going ot mount it up. The mic it's going to be the hardest part. I know your mouth needs to be right up on it but it seems like I'm french kissing the thing. I need to figure a way to keep it close to my lips.