help!

locokarma

Sorry for the bother, but I wasn't sure whom I could check with.

... And I need to know what I can do. I wear glasses, and can't wear them with my helmet. I use the hard hat liner, and have used foam to push my face back as far as I can, but the top of my glasses hit the (inside) bottom edge where the lenses are. Any suggestions?

I can see pretty good w/o my glasses cause the lenses are contorted somewhat, but it is a real pain if I ever have to take off the bucket!

and here I was wondering if I was the only one....LOL

Yeah it can be a pain sometimes, but I have surprisingly managed.

Unfortunately, contacts are out of the question.

And right now, I can't afford Lasik surgery as my insurance won't cover it.

I wear glasses and I didn't adjust my liner to compensate for the extra space needed in order to wear my bucket but that was because I made a mistake and didn't think ahead or follow suggestions to do so. Never the less, I can wear it even with my glasses. Currenty I'm using an FX helmet but I'm getting a new RT Mod soon. But anyway, how I had to put my helmet on was kind of tricky. It was all in the angle of entry.

I have to dig out my helmet later though since I'm about to go to bed but tomorrow I'll post up on how I have to put it on. But basically it's all about sliding in at an angle.

I can't wear contacts because my eyes are so horribly bad, and I have the worst possible level of astigmatism. I know there are special contacts out there that handle astigmatism, but mine is so bad that those wouldn't do me any good.

I wear glasses with a AP stunt helmet. It's not easy, more fogging, less room putting the helmet on but I manage. I have a pair of older glasses that are shaped right, they were sunglasses that I put clear lenses in and now they are my trooping glasses. When I used to wear them as my everyday pair they were my Ali-G glasses

Posted Image

I can't wear contacts because my eyes are so horribly bad, and I have the worst possible level of astigmatism. I know there are special contacts out there that handle astigmatism, but mine is so bad that those wouldn't do me any good.

got that same problem. they gave me contacts but they couldnt make them the same as my glasses for the astigmatism reason. so i tried to cope with the contacts for a few months but after that i was like screw it. lol

I'd like to get prescription green lenses for the helmet but I'm sure if that is possible.

It is posible and easy to get green lenses, I was in a store the other day and they had a ton of colors to chose from, the shape is what would be the killer. You might try a place that does diving masks, they have strange shapes.

take a helmet ense into a eyeglass place that is not lensecrafters and ask if they can do it. it might be expensive but I have seen some miracles done with re-enacting glasses

I'm in the same boat here- can't go without glasses, because I can't see 2 feet in front of me- can't wear contacts unless they are hard and football shaped. I am going to get a pair of sports glasses that are rubber and instead of temple pieces have head loops like swim goggles. I did try to account for my specs while building my bucket and still could not get it to work.

at least this is a start...

contact are out because of a stigmatism also... Id have to get one hard contact and one soft... and the eye doc said it would be a REAL hassle.

Lenses in the bucket that are special made...???? Hmmm, no telling how much that would cost!

Hope I can explain this with good enough description to visuals.

The way I have to put on my FX with my glasses is to tilt the helmet forward at a 45 degree angle, place part of my head inside face first making sure my eyes and glasses are now resting on the inside of the bottom trim.

From there slide the helmet down while keeping the 45 degree angle. Your nose may get squished a little. Once you see that you are coming close to the lenses (of your bucket), pus the back of your helmet forward against the back of your head. This is so your glasses frame won't catch the bottom of your helmet's lenses.

Once you think your frames can clear the lenses, just adjust the helmet down onto your head.

This is provided you don't have a large head to begin with. In which case....this may be more tirckier.

But I hope that helps.

I think I may have figured out a new and more simpler method while test fitting my RT-Mod helmet since it's much smaller. Either rotate your head 90 degrees to the right or left, or rotate the helmet instead, lower the hlemt onto your head, and then and then rotate back so you can see out the holes, lol.

Try it out and see if that works.

You can also get prescription goggles, such as people use for swimming, etc. More expensive, but if you have a smaller ANH helmet it may be the way to go, and you won't lose your eyesight if the helmet moves around on your head (like mine does).

Ayup, I have to turn my head to the right and rotate it back as I bring the bucket down on my noggin'. Fortunately I got LASIK surgery some years back and enjoy 20/15 vision for the $3,000.00 it cost back then! I hear that nowadays you can get it done for around $1500.00 or so.... talk about being on the bleeding edge!! I used to have 20/400 vision , but now I can see the wrinkles on a knat's *** from accross the street!!