Mortar Tube

ECOLI

Hey Guys,

Quick question about the mortar tube, I am having problems finding the black ABS pipe and was going to use the left over parts from my AM kit. What diameter pipe are you guys using. I found 2.5" white pvc although it is a little big for the end caps I can sand them down a bit to make it fit. I wanted to make sure that was the right size????

Length of tube 29" X width of tube 2.5"?????

PVC is too heavy! I have a bunch of that stuff, and it weighs a lot. I ordered some acrylic tubing from TAP plastics the other day. I might have a piece I could split with you. As you have to order it in two 3' sections. But it's the same stuff I order for my TK thermal detonator kits that I make.

Posted Image

Ouch!!! thats pricey....no luck with black ABS from a hardware store?

Hey Guys,

Thanks, I have not looked super hard for the black ABS but I do know the local Lowes and Home Depot do not carry it. I have not checked ACE or some other places yet. I just wanted to make sure I have the dimensions right...

its a standard stock item at Lowes...its not kept in the same section as the regular white stuff. Its in an area buy itself sold in 5' sections.....

• 1 month later...

Ok so thanks to a fellow trooper I was able to finally pick up some black tubing, with the right end caps. Thanks Quartermaster I appreciate it. My next task is attaching it to the pack frame. Does any measurement exist for where to put the radar dish, i.e. 6" from the end cap? or the detonator panel ??

Most of the packs have the radar dish mounted very low on the pipe. It covers about 90% of the bottom end cap. I tend to mount mine a smidge higher to show a bit more of the bottom end cap. I think my usual measurement for the mounting screw is about 3-3 1/2" up from the bottom of the pipe. I will double check that though.

Glad to be of service Erik. Glad it arrived OK.

• 7 months later...
I have approximately 36" of black abs pipe after I cut my piece off. I would be happy to help you out. I have my section so therefore the remaining piece is going to do nothing but lay around the house and get in the way. Let me know if interested.

I have approximately 36" of black abs pipe after I cut my piece off. I would be happy to help you out. I have my section so therefore the remaining piece is going to do nothing but lay around the house and get in the way. Let me know if interested.

That would be awesome, thanks! I'll PM you my address. Just let me know what I owe you. Thanks, mate!