Glimmerman? No just a glimmer into docking bay 94

trooper1

Well, I have been in the bat cave for a while again, in between building pauldrons, and traveling for work. What you may ask. Muuuuhaaaahaaaahaaaa! My greatest invention yet.

Docking bay 94??? Maybe??? Well yes, I cant stand it anymore. Here is a look at the insides of docking bay 94.

Now this is just a PIECE of the puzzle, so you will have to wait about 3 weeks before the total unveiling with Kirby and myself in armor for pics. :D

In my book, this BLOWS AWAY my blast doors.. LOL

It definately has taken more time, and is MUCH larger. Still transportable, but LARGE!

10' tall, 12' wide, by 10' deep' Every detail will be here when completed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow

When your done you go to cons and sell pics with it and raise money for what ever

All you need is a camera , tripod & printer if you get the right printer you will not need a a lap top

I use to do that for dolphin watches on a boat and on the dock for thrill ridein a boat

I second that a great location that could raise coin for troopin duties. Amazing build respect for it big time!!!!

Wow

When your done you go to cons and sell pics with it and raise money for what ever

All you need is a camera , tripod & printer if you get the right printer you will not need a a lap top

I use to do that for dolphin watches on a boat and on the dock for thrill ridein a boat

Thanks All, and this is just 20% of the whole thing. The arch is the best part, and the walls.

I am planning on the Con thing, to try to recoup some cost down the road. A little over a grand in this one. Wife is having a cow. LOL

As for the 94', yes, it is 1" foam board, and the same with the door cutouts. Had to use a jigsaw to cut out the inserts.

I am headed to CT tomorrow, or I wiluld have done by the weekend. Oh well, it will wait.

I cant wait to get Chewbacca standing under the arch.

OK, IT IS COMPLETE! Here is the true unveiling.

Here first. The docking bay 94 :D

Posted Image

Oh, wait that is the back. LOL

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Had to post this one of Kirby, testing out the overhang! In case it rains...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the last one my wife took. SHE WAS so happy it was done. She said I could finally come home now. LOL

This one has taken countless hours to finish, and yes, it WILL fit in the trailer, with the blast door set as well.

THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE though.

Well question 1? The doors are foam board and plywood, the slats are plywood, inididually cutout and glued. Now as for CVI? I don't know. It is not something I have planned on because of costs. Its not totally an impossible idea.

• 2 months later...