What I have been up to as of late?

trooper1

Well, since Pauldron production has slowed for a bit, I thought I would do something I have always wanted to do, even though it is not on my favorite job site, Mos Eisley

I have gone, and built a very large backdrop. What you may ask? The deathstar blast doors.

Not just any blast doors though. These are 10' wide by 9' deep, and break apart into 4' pieces for transport, making them easy to move. Reassembly takes about 40 min. with 2 people.

Now, after you see this, wonder what my next project is????? :rolleyes::lol::D

Oh, well, how about the docking bay 94 doorway entrance. ;) and corridor, or part of it. Height will be the only issue, for as the doorway in the film is near 10' tall.

Will shorten a bit, but not much.

It also will break down into 4' pieces.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh, this is for troops. To large to fit in my cave. LOL

Thanks for the comments, it took about 3 weeks and 100 hrs to complete. Also alot of money. LOL

The next one shouldnt be as expensive, but I cant guarantee it. The foam is what will cost the most on the tatoonine drop. ;)

Holy crap bro, that is fricken awesome, great work.... you want to come by and door my office lol, absolutely beautiful....:duim:

LOL I dont know, that would be a long way to come with all my shop tools. LOL

I still have the floor to do. I wasnt going to, but I think I will in the future.

Right now I will be starting the tatooine backdrop

LOL I dont know, that would be a long way to come with all my shop tools. LOL

I still have the floor to do. I wasnt going to, but I think I will in the future.

Right now I will be starting the tatooine backdrop

Man i cant wait to see that bro, good luck...if im ever in your neck of the woods i would love to stop by and see it.

Well, IT HAS BEGUN!! I have started on the Docking Bay 94 set! :blink: No pictures until near completion, but so far not as expensive as the last one.

10' tall at the arch will be the most difficult part or setting up. Will be limited to locations.

12' wide by 8' deep will be the final set, and will be able to take down. Just hope it will fit in the trailer with the other set. :D

Lots of foam, wood, paint and sand.... Off to the BAT Cave once again. MUUUHAAA HAA HAA

This has got to be one of the best, if not THE BEST, backdrops I've ever seen!!! Awesome job dude!!!!

I think he's pulling our leg, It's really photoshop. ;) Jay, that is outstanding. And you say your wife said your crazy until you got it done. So your saying she's happy now? :blink: Jay. you must have the most understanding and coolest wife ever, she's awesome. My wife is a shrink :wacko: so you can only imagine the grief I get just for thinking about it.

I :salute: your wife.

I think he's pulling our leg, It's really photoshop. ;) Jay, that is outstanding. And you say your wife said your crazy until you got it done. So your saying she's happy now? :blink: Jay. you must have the most understanding and coolest wife ever, she's awesome. My wife is a shrink :wacko: so you can only imagine the grief I get just for thinking about it.

I :salute: your wife.

Well, I used to build furniture, and kept all my shop tools, so she wasnt sure what I was building till it neared completion. This way she didnt think I was crazy for long. LOL

Well, I cant help it. Cant keep this from the brotherhood! :lol:

Here is what I have been working on as of late. THIS IS BIG!!!!

Nearing the paint stage now, but will be next week because of all the rain.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is a huge backdrop.

It is 10' tall, with an 8' tall arch, 12' wide, and 10' deep. It still breaks down, but is much larger to haul. It will make great though when complete.